where are you all buying your Robertson / Sq Drive screws?
I've shopped McFeelys for two decades but I think my sense of allegiance is wavering.  Moreso since their buyout a few years ago.

I'm an infrequent buyer, several boxes of 'hundred' #6, #8 over the course of two years.
I've got $60 of resupply in my McFeelys cart and thought I'd ask if anyone has a favorite supplier?

thanks!
“There were certain pillars of Conservatism. The first is Moral Character. That character is destiny. And if private virtue falls, the power to the public order collapses.”

I still use McFeeley's, just because I haven't found anyone better, but like you , due to new ownership I could be talked out of using them.

McMaster Carr has them (I think), but more pricey. I don't know any other source.
I have a fairly large Ace Hardware nearby that has the best local selection of square drive wood, sheet metal, and machine screws.

Like you, my purchasing from McFeeleys is substantially less than in years past.

TAB
McFeelys used to visit this board. I miss that personal touch.
I went ahead and sent them my $60.

I think their selection seems to be a bit less varied than I recall too.
Sad
“There were certain pillars of Conservatism. The first is Moral Character. That character is destiny. And if private virtue falls, the power to the public order collapses.”

Liek you I've been a long time McFeely's guy and it is disappointing how Grainger's has screwed it up. But most of the time I stick with them only because they still have a broader selection of square drive than most. But I keep looking around for a substitute. Some years back someone suggested Quick Screws. I ordered some from them and they were all combo-drive (something I have no use for) so they're off my list.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
McFeely's is no longer owned by Grainger. They went private again in 2021.

https://www.mcfeelys.com/about-us

Lee Valley has a better deal on square drive screws than McFeely's. Almost half the price. And consider Robertson square drive was invented in Canada, so I would trust LV to have good quality square drive screws.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Anywhere that sells hardware. About the only Phillips drive here is drywall screws or steel stud screws. Quality is a different story. Most big box or equivalent have junk quality screws. Builder supply or commercial supplier will have much better quality but large quantity only.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

For most applications, I use SPAX screws. They have a hybrid head that takes both Phillips and square drive drivers and they are made of good steel. I almost never use a Phillips with them as the square drive works much better. Amazon has a large selection of SPAX fasteners. Their prices are good and delivery is fast.
Last time I bought screws I bought the "Ultimate Square Drive Flat Head Screw" from Woodworker's Hardware and I like them better than the McFeely's screws I bought ages ago.

https://www.wwhardware.com/ultimate-squa...ws-8-scus8

They have little nubs under the head that make them countersink very well.
(05-16-2024, 10:58 AM)AHill Wrote: McFeely's is no longer owned by Grainger.  They went private again in 2021.

https://www.mcfeelys.com/about-us

Lee Valley has a better deal on square drive screws than McFeely's.  Almost half the price.  And consider Robertson square drive was invented in Canada, so I would trust LV to have good quality square drive screws.

Thank you, I was not aware of that. Maybe they can return it to it's former self.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.