Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,425
» Latest member: FabricaBenedicta
» Forum threads: 65,146
» Forum posts: 1,009,105

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 261 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 257 Guest(s)
Facebook, Google, Bing, JIMB49

Latest Threads
Whole House Generator
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: Snipe Hunter
6 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 487
Inca 342 186 10" bandsaw ...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: ed kerns
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Sharpening
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: Tapper
7 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 449
Grr-Ripper 200
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: museumguy
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 408
Why I do it
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Hank Knight
7 hours ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 330
Interesting counterpoint ...
Last Post: Stwood_
10 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,589
A Project for May?
Last Post: bandit571
10 hours ago
» Replies: 45
» Views: 1,636
Whatever happened to Dere...
10 hours ago
» Replies: 33
» Views: 2,405
where are you all buying ...
11 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 461
Daily Bench Shot
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1,817
» Views: 661,420

1/2 price Walnut Slab!! Your chance to help-SOLDED!
Posted by: Bones™ - 02-12-2007, 08:58 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (3)

I'd be all over it, but apparently being a Yank forfits my rights....

Print this item

Exotics Available - Spring break run chi-town to Florida
Posted by: illinimike - 02-11-2007, 08:45 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (6)

Argh...can't you guys space these runs out a little bit? When exactly are you planning on coming down this way for this run?

Print this item

The Great Atlanta/Charlotte Wood Haul and Kolleen Kollege Kitty run
Posted by: Bones™ - 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (7)

Commendable cause and effort on your part Bones. What's your route going to be for this haul?

Print this item

Giant Lumber Haul and Pigsicle Tour Schedules and Prices!!!
Posted by: Bones™ - 01-24-2007, 10:24 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (16)

Looks like some good stuff. Are you taking orders or bringing the whole lot with you?

How small of an order will you take?

Print this item

My new updated crosscut sled (pics)
Posted by: MMarzluf - 12-19-2006, 12:36 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (104)

I've been toying with some new ideas for my sled ever since I made the last one. Getting together with TwoBye last week to build his gave me the mental push I needed to go ahead and make a new updated version.

Here's the new one and I'll explain the upgrades but the basics first: Sled base is 3/4" Baltic Birch Ply. All other wood is some Paduak I had out in the tent. Tracks are all from Incra.

Ok, here's an over all shot. Pretty much the same layout as the old one.

Now....... some of the improvements I decided to make with this one.

First...... I've almost completely cut through the safety block on my old one. All the little cuts into the block every day gradually make it through. For this sled, I made the safety block moveable. When I start to cut through it I'll slide it over for a fresh spot. When I don't have any fresh spots left, I can simply install a new one.

The zero clearance inserts are still here, but I've added a moveable section of the fence to allow for a constant ZCI at the rear of the cut as well. In this pic, I have the 1/2" insert in and the fence section is locked into place to match the cutting path.

I don't cross cut a ton of large pannels so the distance from fence to fence hasn't changed on this version, but I was always finding myself needing to move the stop block further to the left than I had fence to move it. I also didn't want a super long sled, so I added a telescoping section to the fence. Normally I have 22" to the left of the blade - but with the fence section extended I now have up to 36" to the left. There's a hex bolt tucked down through the upper scale that locks the lower one in place..

I added a secondary hold down t-track as well. Now one on each side of the blade. The track on the left is closer to the blade than on my old sled because the hold down wasn't reaching some pieces.

Lastly, I added a miter fence. I may not use it much becuse I alredy have a good Incra, but figured the ability to keep things on the sled might be worth while. There's a threaded insert that one end of the fence attaches to.

The other end of the fence is guided by a T-slot. The T-bolt for the knob can be removed at an opening near the rear fence.

With the shorter front fence I have almost 90* of swing for the miter fence. If I end up using it a bunch, I'll add a stop block to it.

So there it is........ my latest sled. I really enjoy making jigs for the shop and my sleds have become a sort of "flag ship" for me..

Thanks for taking a look. Now it's time to start planing for the next one.

Print this item

Dial-up friendly picture posting
Posted by: Joe Fisher - 12-19-2006, 12:32 PM - Forum: Questions about using the WoodNet forum features - Replies (2)

I have tried to send pictures but for some reason it always says something about the java script doesn't work.HELP

Print this item

Interesting General Int'l Warranty
Posted by: Joe Fisher - 10-20-2006, 10:08 AM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (15)

From General's website:

Quote:

This warranty does not apply to items that would normally be consumed or require replacement due to normal wear such as blades, lubricants, belts, electric motors and electric components.

Wow, so they expect the possibilty that their motors will wear out within 2 years? Impressive!

Glad to hear that they are covering the bearing, have you removed it yet? I have to imagine it is pressed in.

Chris

Print this item

Tutorial: How I install full extension slides
Posted by: Barry Johnson - 09-12-2006, 12:18 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (19)

Excellent write-up jarhead. Very informative. It will really help me (a furnituremaking newbie) out in future projects. Thank you for sharing!!

Regards,

Ed

Sorry. forgot to mention excellent work too!

Print this item

BRAND NEW Delta X5 Unisaws and Jet Xacta Saws at COST
Posted by: Jeffrey Duncan - 07-20-2006, 08:28 AM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (7)

The guidelines for posting strongly suggest that you include a price.

Print this item

Show me your tool cabinet
Posted by: MikeJ - 10-03-2005, 09:59 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (34)

This is my all time Favorite:

it's Chris Beckvoort's Cabinet.

Good luck on choosing and building your tool cabinet.

John

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.