Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-09-2015

I needed to get some wall up to mount the disconnects the in wall circuits for the boiler will terminate at by the panel. The boiler has three 40 amp circuits with 8ga wire ran to disconnects. You can see the pencil marks where the disconnects will be. I am using outdoor air conditioner disconnects that I will mount tomorrow. To do it correctly, I decided to just start at the floor and get some slatwall up. I am using a 2X6 against the concrete as my kickplate. It is attached to the posts and and also a 2X6 in the middle that connects to my bookcased 2X6. I got three sections built and installed. Everything is insulated with R19 batts behind everything. Notice those 120V and 220V flush outlets through the slats - that took aligning the box hole between the solid wall board on the back and the slats in front. I used the CNC to cut the box holes out in the exact same spots. Then with the help of the adjustable boxes I could install them through 1.5" of plywood. SWEET!!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-10-2015

Teaching Megan, my 8yr old, how to wire up some disconnects. She is getting the last box ready to connect up the last circuit. She is just like her dad, she gets shown how to do something and then immediately wants to teach it back as a way to reinforce to herself what she just learned. She gave me a lesson about 3 minutes later. Kids ROCK!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 10-10-2015

Outstanding! When she's done there, can you send Megan over to help me wire 220 to my compressor?

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-12-2015

Here is a Video of the Hydronic Heat system I built. It is a walk through of all the parts I used. Trying to help the next guy not have to research everything so much in a system like mine.

Radiant Heat Components Overview

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-18-2015

This week I have been working on some slatwall sections (see video above), A 2X6 kickboard at the floor level, installed an outdoor outlet, and the north wall 1phase and 3phase panel installs. Also made and sold a couple plyo jump boxes for some crossfit folks from out of town. That cash bought me a new set of Makita LXT bare tools from a SMC member. Good thing as I killed the 3rd speed on my drill last week.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Halfathumb - 10-19-2015

BloomingtonMike said:

Teaching Megan, my 8yr old, how to wire up some disconnects. She is getting the last box ready to connect up the last circuit. She is just like her dad, she gets shown how to do something and then immediately wants to teach it back as a way to reinforce to herself what she just learned. She gave me a lesson about 3 minutes later. Kids ROCK!

And I considered it a major accomplishment on my part to install a new 220 breaker and line. I wish I had had a dad as great as you are Mike.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - tomsteve - 10-27-2015

mike,i think i found the home to compliment your new shop

http://americanoverlook.com/when-she-sai...tures-wow/65824

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - fredhargis - 10-27-2015

Doesn't seem practical, where would you put your tools?????

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-27-2015

I think I would explode if I tried to build a house or subcontract one. Tons of respect to folks that do that themselves or do it for a living.

Making electrical progress on the north wall. New sub panels for that wall are in and I started the 1st line of 20amp 120V outlets at around 50" up. Doing two 120V circuits to the east of the 1ph panel and 4 120V circuits to the west (I wanted three but I like even numbers per panel. No outlets by eachother will be on the same circuit.

Planning for the north wall:
Using L15-30 receptacles for the 30amp 3ph spots, there will be a few 120V/240V L14-30 receptacles, and L6-30 220V receptacles for all other 220V tools. 2nd DC circuit and second compressor circuit also on the north wall. Will also have outlets at the loft/mezzanine heights.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 11-03-2015

North wall wiring weekend.

I know its not IL cold yet but the floor is nicely heated. Lower is heated water temp as it enters into the floor loops and upper is temp of water leaving floor loops. Radiant Floor Thermostat is set at 70.