Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - LeoTex - 03-20-2015

DADGUM, now that's a shop!! CNC mills, lathes? I'm onboard!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-20-2015

I checked the line ran in the trench with the power - not immediately next to power - about 20" up and had no issue. Excellent connection on that cheapy access point.

If for some reason this line has issues I will run another or move this one.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

I have been busy the last couple of days still working on the lines. This weekend I hope to get to the switch lines.

My personal goal is switched lights by EOD 3/24 - my birthday. These are the CANDLES I want to light!

If anyone travels through and wants a tour let me know. I have a ton of fun in the shop that is too small so it is worth my time to make the new one super sweet.

BTW - Romex seems cheap these weeks - $56 for 250' of 12/2 at Menards if anyone else is in the middle of a build or stock piling deals.

Arlin, I am selling a quite few products a week now so it is more than paying for the new building. Maybe you guys can get some routine stuff flipped and make your new building a reality too. BTW - 5000sq would be a crazy amount of work. This new one is 2560 and is a ton of work.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-24-2015

Told myself I wanted to flip on 16 candles from two different doors in the new shop by my birthday. I made it with 1.5 hours to spare. 40ysld today.

Also made a couple 3.5" access holes through the main panel to behind the wall and got the service in the box for the second panel. Some days are more Milwaukee corded than Makita cordless!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BTH - 03-24-2015

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And many more!
Secondly, the shop is coming along very nicely.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - oakey - 03-24-2015

Mike
first of all HBD enjoy your day and many more
keep up the build posts
have you got the heat on out there yet ?
what are your plans for insulating and finishing the ceiling ?

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-24-2015

Thank you for the Birthday wishes everyone!

I have not installed a boiler yet and now it is nice enough to work in there anyway so I have a bit more time I guess. Going to do primary/secondary pump system. Will use either this cast iron boiler I have or I will sell it and get a gas condensing instant boiler made for doing radiant floor. Still deciding.

I will have a plywood ceiling and will most likely do blown in R30. The ceiling outlet/circuits are wired so I can drp them up to 24" down through a ceiling. I have enough plywood for two layers on the walls for a slatwall design and a ceiling and still have a ton left over.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - cputnam - 03-24-2015

That sure is one heck of a birthday present - even if you have to build it yourself!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - slambubba - 03-24-2015

Looking great Mikee and I know how much work it takes. Well compared to yours, I know 1/2 of how much work it takes. Still a lot of work ahead of you, but keep motivated because it's worth it.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 03-28-2015

I now have dedicated internet working in the new shop - a wired switch and a wireless access point are functional.

Amazon had a deal of the day on the 27kw electric instant water heater on sale for 360 - a Stiebel Eltron mfg modulating Ecosmart 27 for $360. I picked one up. I may go to a gas boiler eventually so I will make it where I can swap out the electric boiler pretty easily.

Picked up some 8/2 NM and some 40amp 2-pole breakers for the setup from Menards.

Also started picking up the components for the primary and secondary pump system for the hydronic setup - also from Menards. I am copying the hydro shark master pro panel with larger pumps installed.

(can you tell its an 11% store credit back by mail rebate week at Menards)

Also Ordered the pumps - going with some Grundfos UPS26-99FC models I bought from ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/141481126648. They have pretty nice specs and that price is really good. They are 3 speed and have a flow range of 0-34GPM and a Head range of 0-30ft.

Ill have this heating setup together about as soon as the weather is nice and I do not need heat in the shop.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Big Dave - 03-28-2015

BloomingtonMike said:

Ill have this heating setup together about as soon as the weather is nice and I do not need heat in the shop.

Isn't that always the case?

Lookin' good, Mike!