Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Phil S. - 12-21-2016

Miss my 8' bed, but I need the turning radius of the 6.5' "standard" length bed.  So - when did 6.5' get to be the standard.
Confused  Seems like 8' was the standard for a lot of years.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - museumguy - 12-21-2016

Nice truck. I went from an 8' bed to a 6' and hated it. Finally went back to an 8' bed, on a F-350 Super Crew nonetheless.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 12-21-2016

Line-x liner installed.

[Image: IMG_20161221_112747_zpszq6khmdy.jpg]

The deal sold me on GMC. Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville and it was an end of year 2016.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - cputnam - 12-21-2016

Skip Nissan, but look at all the others. Just bought a used 2014 Tundra (26K miles) with which to pull a travel trailer. It'll come down to amenities for the buck if you buy new and good luck if you buy used. For me, so far, so good.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 12-21-2016

You truck guys getting a sprayed in liner? This line-x seems really nice. Real proof is in using it though.

Also anyone looking at tonneaus? Liking the bak revolution x2.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 12-21-2016

I had Rhino Liner before and liked it, but prefer the Line-X. I don't know how much difference there really is, but I do think the application process needs a GOOD professional, not some speedy, cheap service. Go with an authorized pro recommended by a dealer.

I also have a hard, fiberglass tonneau and love it. Occasionally, I have to remove it to haul larger items, but it isn't too heavy and I like the protection for items I leave in there.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Scoony - 12-22-2016

I have what ever Ford uses in their spray-on liners. Second truck and those liners are bullet proof. Firewood, rough cut lumber, deer stands, deer blood, bricks, etc. Spray it out and it looks new. I had a roll up cover on the previous truck and considering a fold up for the current truck. It is nice being able to have stuff in the back undercover and it will stay reasonably dry back there.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - cputnam - 12-22-2016

My used truck came with a screw-on liner and a snap-on tonneau cover. Once the cover comes off, it probably won't go back on for quite a while - about 30 some snaps on each side. A friend of mine had a power roll-up cover. I really admired that.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - brofessor - 12-22-2016

I had the velcro roll up but 5 years ago i saw my buddy had a trip fold and I had to have one. so I bought the extang tri fold and love it. 5 years and no real complaints. I do get a small amount of water that can bead in I guess but doesn't bother me, may bother others though. but the ease in which it folds or can be removed is well worth it. I would like to see how the hard tri fold is. I loved the hard top on the avalanche but they were a pain to put somewhere when removed. I think a hard tri fold might be nice.

RE: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Red Sawman - 12-22-2016

I got the slide in bed liner and the quad fold hard cover with my '15 Silverado short bed dual cab. I love it .... the bed liner is a little slick but it seems indestructible.

The quad fold cover has key locks in the front and back and is really secure. I can unlock either the front or the back for access to the bed ... sweet ... glad I made the investment ...

I'd owned Avalanches since '02 ... I always liked the hard covers. I could fold down the rear seat & hatch and slide in several 4x8 sheets and the weather would never touch them. The short bed on the Silverado won't do that but I wanted the full size back seat didn't want the 300' turn radius of the long bed frame.

Red