Woodnet Forums
The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn (/showthread.php?tid=6805621)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-01-2014

EdL said:

Holy carp! Your corn is off already?

Ed

We have corn and beans out down here all over. Corn field south of the one in the picture got about 5 tandems of lime delivered today (guessing it is lime)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-02-2014

Huge amount of work accomplished today on this floor!! Finished grading, compacted base, 10mil poly sheeting down and taped, 1.5" extruded poly styrene foam sheets down and taped, concrete mesh down and tied, 2560 sq feet of 1/2" pex ran in nine loops, and about 2000 wire ties twisted!! Plastic step2 garden carts saved me tonight!!

Next up, pex manifold install and a 24 hour pressure test and waiting for the ground to dry out so we can get some cement trucks in!! Floor poured SOON!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Damin69 - 10-02-2014

Nice Building....... would love to have a building like that and enough tools to fill it...... :-)

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 10-02-2014

Wow, that's a huge amount of work accomplished. Impressive. You are working like a motivated dude.

How long before pouring is completed?

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Tapper - 10-02-2014

Coming along and looking good! Keep the pics flowing.

Doug

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - EdL - 10-02-2014

Looking good Mike.

What's the deal with the 3 rows purlins so close together? I've not seen that before.

FWIW, 4th cutting hay is done here, corn silage is done, the farmers are waiting for beans to dry down.....any harvest is still a few weeks out.

Ed

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-03-2014

That extra wall girt is where the wainscotting is. I am guessing they kept the other spacing as the Amish guys were climbing up and down it and they are used to that spacing. They could literally run up and down it.

We will pour as soon as the ground dries up and the boys can schedule me in. Gives me time to pressure test everything.

Thanks for the compliments. I know I sure liked looking at others pictures when I was planning this build. Helps understand what you need to be ready for.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Big Dave - 10-03-2014

That is a huge amount of work!

And you'll appreciate every minute of it when it's done...

Lookin' good, Mike!

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - BloomingtonMike - 10-08-2014

My Blueridge Company Pole Barn Radiant Heating package included this RHT 1/2" 9 loop PEX Hi Flow manifold, ball valves and adapters, RHT pressure test kit, the 2700 ft of PEX B tubing with O2 barrier, wire ties, pex cutter, polymer elbows that I did not use, and wire tie tool. It has been holding steady at 50psi for 24 hours for the pre concrete pour pressure test.

Re: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 10-08-2014

Congrats on getting it all right in the first shot. Seems like everything is falling into place for you. Due to the hard work, of course.