Woodnet Forums
Hit a yard sale this morning - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Hit a yard sale this morning (/showthread.php?tid=7116456)

Pages: 1 2

Hit a yard sale this morning - Blacky's Boy - 10-10-2015

My wife and daughter took me out for breakfast for my birthday and on the way home we stopped at a yard sale my wife had spotted yesterday. She noticed it because it said "tools".

I found a nice No12 Scraper and a large Starrett Divider. The guy having the sale even gave me a molding plane that was missing the blade

The No12 was missing the blade, one brass adjustment knob and the brass knob that secured the blade. But I had some replacements in the boneyard. And I just took a No12 blade out of my inventory to replace the missing one.

Next we're going to pick apples.

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - theoldfart - 10-10-2015

Dominic, happy birthday. Had some luck myself this am, found a Stanley SW 57 with a set of wings in mint shape. Still hunting a 12 though. Again happy birthday.

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - DaveParkis - 10-10-2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Nice score on the #12, too.

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - Bill_Houghton - 10-10-2015

Happy birthday, and congrats on having a wife who spots the word "tools" on yard sale ads! Glad it had good ones - far too often, "tools" signals the tool equivalent of Beanie Babies.

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - blackhat - 10-10-2015

happy birthday Dom

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 10-10-2015

Happy birthday, Dom!

Glad that good fortune found you on your bday. That bodes well for the coming year! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - Pedder - 10-10-2015

Happy Birthday, Dom!

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - TobyC - 10-10-2015

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - Aram - 10-10-2015

Happy Birthday Dom!

Re: Hit a yard sale this morning - Blacky's Boy - 10-10-2015

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes. I had a truly awesome day with my family. Can't ask for anything better.