Woodnet Forums
I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... (/showthread.php?tid=7148191)

I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - lilrichard2 - 11-20-2015

when I arrived early and the dealer handed this to me and asked if I knew what it was.

I replied yes and offered to buy all of those that he could find.

The item that I went for, a Fray corner bit brace, is shown below, along with a Pexto draw knife.

And I certainly couldn't turn down a boxed set of Irwins. A little cleaning on both the bits and the box, they'll be ready for a new home.

I never pass up Starrett Combo sets, especially when they are in the original box.

Several smalls for the shop - dolly block, two pieces of marine hardware, Sheffield screwdriver that will be used in a Stanley 45 set, small ball peen hammer head (I collect these), and a boxed set of chuck keys.

Finally, a couple of small Starrett machinist scales for use in my shop.

r2

Re: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - Acorn - 11-20-2015

Nice haul.

Re: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - Phil S. - 11-20-2015

My MF eggbeater came with a top hat. A lot don't though.

Re: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - DaveParkis - 11-20-2015

Nice. I fear the season is over around here.

Re: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - Timberwolf - 11-20-2015

Those hook rules are a good find...I keep one in the desk drawer and use it often.

Re: I Knew It Was Going to be Fun at the Estate Sale Today ..... - Joe Bailey - 11-20-2015

I was trying to figure out why photo 4 looked odd to me.

The box appears to have been user-modified -- all the others I have ever seen have spring clips holding the bits in place.