Woodnet Forums
Are these for a brace? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Are these for a brace? (/showthread.php?tid=7163874)

Are these for a brace? - PedroOhare - 12-09-2015

https://madison.craigslist.org/tls/5352257596.html

Looks like a good deal. Are they any good?

Pedro

Re: Are these for a brace? - Bill_Houghton - 12-09-2015

Yes, they are; and Greenlee was a respected brand, so I would expect them to be good tools. They are not Jennings pattern, which people nowadays prefer for hardwoods. If the lead screw has a coarse thread, they're probably more suited to softwoods. Only way to know is to look.

Re: Are these for a brace? - JClark - 12-09-2015

PedroOhare said:

Looks like a good deal. Are they any good?

Yes and Yes. Those are a steal at that price, assuming they aren't messed with. Greenlee bits are high quality and that type of bit will do just about any job well. I have that same set here in my shop. It's the only set of bits I have and they've never let me down.

Grab 'em!

Josh

Re: Are these for a brace? - thomasegan - 12-09-2015

Piling on, but......RUN, don't walk.....
Greenlee= A+
te

Re: Are these for a brace? - JustinTyson - 12-09-2015

Bill_Houghton said:

Yes, they are; and Greenlee was a respected brand, so I would expect them to be good tools. They are not Jennings pattern, which people nowadays prefer for hardwoods. If the lead screw has a coarse thread, they're probably more suited to softwoods. Only way to know is to look.

FWIW, I prefer the Irwin bits for all woods. I have a set of Jennings, but I don't get the attraction. I think like most things (Bedrocks) people like them because they're rarer. Feel free to flame me

And yeah, buy those suckers, its a great price.

Re: Are these for a brace? - PedroOhare - 12-09-2015

I've sent a message that I will take them if he is willing to wait till Friday for me to drive to pick them up. We'll see.

Pedro

Re: Are these for a brace? - Anji12305 - 12-09-2015

It's Craigslist.

If you want him to hold the item, send him PayPal.
Otherwise, the first with cash wins.

I'm just sayin...

Re: Are these for a brace? - PedroOhare - 12-09-2015

You are probably right. But you never know and I am not that determined to get them. My son has hockey games today and tomorrow night and the earliest I can drive out there is Friday.

Pedro