Woodnet Forums
until the owners of this forum - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: until the owners of this forum (/showthread.php?tid=7321222)

Pages: 1 2

until the owners of this forum - JGrout - 08-02-2016

verify that they sent all VIP members (which is all of us)an email stating that we have access to 14500 woodworking plans, I strongly encourage you to ignore the email delete it as spam and not open it.

RE: until the owners of this forum - Window Guy - 08-02-2016

(08-02-2016, 03:38 PM)JGrout Wrote: verify that they sent all VIP members (which is all of us)an email stating that we have access to 14500 woodworking plans, I strongly encourage you to ignore the email delete it as spam and not open it.

I did,

Steve

RE: until the owners of this forum - Steve N - 08-02-2016

Yeah the e-mail was dated today in my "junk mail folder" As soon as they made the e-mail fiasco a week or so ago I removed my permission for them to e-mail me anything, and changed my e-mail addy for here to a real burner address. This obvious spam, possible threat was not sent from here, but I'm sure it was a direct consequence of their fiasco. Hopefully no one gets hurt because these guys know about woodworking, but haven't got a clue about the innerweb
No
No
No

RE: until the owners of this forum - Gary G™ - 08-04-2016

I don't think they're web clueless; they just made a mistake--even the best do it once in a while.
Spammers gonna get thru every once in a while regardless.

RE: until the owners of this forum - Admiral - 08-04-2016

Very difficult to anticipate and block spammers, who spend all their time figuring out how to bypass protections. It's an endless game; frankly, my email address is, and has been for years, not my primary address and its the one I use for all internet based communications.

RE: until the owners of this forum - mound - 08-04-2016

what happened a week ago?
I have not noticed any issues with spam.

RE: until the owners of this forum - JIMB49 - 08-04-2016

yep classed as junk

RE: until the owners of this forum - Steve N - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 01:47 PM)mound Wrote: what happened a week ago?
I have not noticed any issues with spam.

Thread about it

RE: until the owners of this forum - AHill - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 12:39 PM)Admiral Wrote: Very difficult to anticipate and block spammers, who spend all their time figuring out how to bypass protections.  It's an endless game; frankly, my email address is, and has been for years, not my primary address and its the one I use for all internet based communications.

Maybe so, but in the 10 years I was a WoodNet member before the software change, I never, ever got a spam email that was tied to WoodNet.

RE: until the owners of this forum - daddo - 08-04-2016

Using an email address to log on is not secure.
It was much more secure with a name and password.

Until that has changed, I suggest changing or your personal info that can be seen by hacking. Especially birth dates and specific locations.

I'm not comfortable with this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably won't continue for some time.