Woodnet Forums
Stoo - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Stoo (/showthread.php?tid=7329587)

Stoo - blackhat - 04-18-2017

anybody know what happened to him?

RE: Stoo - cputnam - 04-18-2017

As I recall (Shtoo) Stu's business took off well enough that he no longer had time to hang out here. We also lost several regulars during the software switch.

RE: Stoo - Skip J. - 04-19-2017

(04-18-2017, 07:47 PM)cputnam Wrote: As I recall (Shtoo) Stu's business took off well enough that he no longer had time to hang out here.  We also lost several regulars during the software switch.

Well yes, that is true

And also someone not that well acquainted with Stu said something not very complimentary about his business not being appropriate here... hmm, lots of "nots" in there

RE: Stoo - Jason28 - 04-19-2017

As I recall, he frequently got dumped on for his opinions on sharpening, so I'm not surprised he stopped posting.

RE: Stoo - AHill - 04-19-2017

The correct username was Schtoo, and his last post was July 2013 - long before the software switch.  As stated before, his business and other interests probably consumed more of his time.  In the latter days, he did get a bit snippy.  This forum has a knack of attracting self-proclaimed experts who will challenge experts like Schtoo.  I think he probably felt he had enough to say and just moved on.  His real name is Stu Tierney, if I recall.  I don't know that there was a more informed waterstone expert than Schtoo.

RE: Stoo - Hank Knight - 04-19-2017

Looks like we need to put Schtoo's name in the Bob Smalser column.

RE: Stoo - Skip J. - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 12:40 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: Looks like we need to put Schtoo's name in the Bob Smalser column.

Mmm. yes that was an interesting exchange with Mike W.

Kinda miss both of them...

RE: Stoo - Gregory of Sherwood Forest - 04-19-2017

Ditto, I miss them, and several others who's opinions and expertise I highly regarded. I bought several stones from Schtoo's site, and he's never steered me wrong.

RE: Stoo - Stwood_ - 04-26-2017

I'm here for the popcorn handouts.
Winkgrin

RE: Stoo - Martin S. - 04-27-2017

I actually followed his sharpening stone suggestions and was very pleased with the results.