Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-04-2024

Continued shop cabinet reorg. Benches piled full again, plus some on the floor.

[attachment=49354]

[attachment=49357]

[attachment=49358]

Rearranging the lower cabinets. The old spool cabinet, which I bought years ago at a cabinet shop closeout at one of Terry Hatfield's bbq get-to-gather's in the early 2000's.

[attachment=49355]

[attachment=49356]

This little cabinet, acquired at a yard sale years ago, needs a knob that is missing. I'll turn a new one. It's due for paint also.

[attachment=49359]

And the spool cabinet, I'm cleaning up all my chisels and have them all together in the cabinet. Plus my awl making parts, handsaw making parts, MKII sharpening parts, and all my water and oil stones.

[attachment=49360]

Today I'll be concentrating on reorging my battery drill and chargers, MKII machine. I need to make a new, metal, F clamp rack on the wall there. Way too many clamps hanging on the wood rack.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - 2beast - 01-04-2024

Coming along nicely, I love shop organization.
Although I’m the first to admit that I need more 
Smirk

RE: Daily Bench Shot - 2beast - 01-04-2024

Working on stair components.
White oak treads and returns.

[attachment=49363][attachment=49364]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-06-2024

Continued shop cabinet org. Benches continue to be clustered during this.

[attachment=49374]

Got the knob made for the little blue cabinet, and in place.

[attachment=49370]

Redoing the drills and chargers. Didn't like the old setup. Haven't worked up a new hanger system yet. 2 more drills go in that bunch.

[attachment=49371]

Some of the exotic woods back in place that came from John Fry. And some cutoffs from an old member here that sells wood on Ebay. Can't remember his name at the moment. Dull blades that need to go to my sharpener man.

[attachment=49372]

Got the handsaws down and dusted off so I can rehang them. About half are a work in progress. Other half are saws that belonged to my Grandfather, my Father, and my Father-in-law.

[attachment=49373]

Hit the lumber yard today for wire so I can put a compressor switch by the shop lights. I can shut the compressor and light off when going out.
Also looked for a flat latex old time milk type paint so I can repaint the small cabinets, plus some new projects on the drawing boards.
Didn't have anything I wanted, except they could mix some. Quart shelf prices were $20 and half pint prices were $10. Told em no thanks, not for those prices. Isn't that important anyway. I'll look online or at Walmart next time I go in. I like to support the small businesses, but not at those prices.

About next in line will be to make a metal supported F-clamp rack to replace that sagging wooden one.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Redman - 01-06-2024

Steve, check HD for chalk line refills. They are available in all colors. WM for Mrs. Wages pickling lime and skim milk. Make your own milk paint. Must be kept in the frig though.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - R Clark - 01-06-2024

I'd like to "sort of" restore this thermometer and hang it up.  I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to cleaning/reviving this kind of piece.  The thermometer is intact and relatively accurate.

[attachment=49377]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - R Clark - 01-06-2024

There's a baby crib in this pile.  Guess I just need to keep cutting and find it.

[attachment=49378]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-07-2024

(01-06-2024, 07:43 AM)Redman Wrote: Steve, check HD for chalk line refills. They are available in all colors. WM for Mrs. Wages pickling lime and skim milk. Make your own milk paint. Must be kept in the frig though.

Will do. Thanks. [Image: yellowyes.gif]

(01-06-2024, 02:17 PM)R Clark Wrote: I'd like to "sort of" restore this thermometer and hang it up.  I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to cleaning/reviving this kind of piece.  The thermometer is intact and relatively accurate.

Thats a tough one

(01-06-2024, 02:21 PM)R Clark Wrote: There's a baby crib in this pile.  Guess I just need to keep cutting and find it.

4th board down on the left side is part of it. [Image: yellowsmilewinkgrin.gif]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-07-2024

Not much on the reorg today, but got all the saws rehung. That jack to the right, my dust shield got to sagging from the weight of the ply and PB cutoffs, so resupporting it is in order. It wasn't made for storage, but ya'll know all about that. [Image: yellowlaugh.gif]

[attachment=49391]

So I resawed some green peach limbs that will be turned into awl and driver handles. It will reside on top of the woodstove, shielded by a tin top. Have lots more to resaw to get to drying.

[attachment=49392]

Need to build a sanding sheet cabinet. After I got all the sheets together in one pile, a cabinet is needed to keep them in one place. Sheets got put to the side after I started using sanding blocks on the kitchen cabinets I built. Couple of bucks for a ten pack at HF back then. I still use the blocks, but need to switch back to paper to use it up.

[attachment=49393]

And, I think I'll get back into awl making. I made several bach when I was still over at WWZ. The right one is a screwdriver, using a Rockler kit. It was featured in one of Rocklers catalog's.
Walnut and Cherry, using a time consuming glued up blank.

[attachment=49394]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - 2beast - 01-08-2024

Nice work on the awls
I made a bunch of those years ago.
Really like the twisted one 
Cool