Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - MarkSingleton - 01-16-2024

" A little no so red barn paint and staged, the sandpaper cab is completed."

Boy that struck a chord.   Many years ago, before I started at the PD, a woodworker/cop made  
two small cabinets very much like those, to store report forms in one, and completed reports went
into the other ( separated by shift ).  That cop later made sargent, and was the one that did the 
background investigation for my hire.

Fast forward a couple decades, the department updated the report room/filing/etc and those cabinets
were being tossed out.   I grabbed them.   They are now my sandpaper storage, just as yours works.

I've been retired for quite awhile now.  But another retiree was in my shop a few years ago got a 
chuckle out of seeing them all those years later.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-16-2024

(01-16-2024, 10:07 AM)MarkSingleton Wrote: " A little no so red barn paint and staged, the sandpaper cab is completed."

Boy that struck a chord.   Many years ago, before I started at the PD, a woodworker/cop made  
two small cabinets very much like those, to store report forms in one, and completed reports went
into the other ( separated by shift ).  That cop later made sargent, and was the one that did the 
background investigation for my hire.

Fast forward a couple decades, the department updated the report room/filing/etc and those cabinets
were being tossed out.   I grabbed them.   They are now my sandpaper storage, just as yours works.

I've been retired for quite awhile now.  But another retiree was in my shop a few years ago got a 
chuckle out of seeing them all those years later.

Lol. Interesting story Mark.

[attachment=49504]

[attachment=49505]

Trying to finish up the machining of the last 6 solid cherry cabinet doors for our cabinets.
Cut to size and running the face beads with the table saw.

[attachment=49506]

[attachment=49507]

[attachment=49508]

[attachment=49509]

[attachment=49510]

[attachment=49511]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - R Clark - 01-17-2024

Planing the Stack o' Maple for the baby furniture.  I really don't like to share that open bay with the snow removal equipment, but the machine shed is unheated.  I'd rather deal with some inconvenience than cold start my stuff at -15F.

[attachment=49519]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-18-2024

Face beading complete and all edging done.
Now some sanding and finishing.

[attachment=49528]

[attachment=49529]

[attachment=49530]

[attachment=49531]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - R Clark - 01-19-2024

Not from the work bench, or even inside the shop, but a task that had to be done nonetheless.  It has been my experience that removing snow is best done sooner, rather than later.  We're supposed to warm up on Sunday - Monday.  If we get melting into these drifts and then freeze hard again, the drifts will be in the way until April.

Opening the path to the chicken coop.

[attachment=49544]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 01-21-2024

[attachment=49557]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - FrankAtl - 01-22-2024

CNC brackets for my dust collector duct.

[attachment=49561]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - 2beast - 01-24-2024

Glad to see you guys keeping busy
Moving snow and ice here as well

I like the beading on the cherry
You don’t happen to have a spare nail gun do ya?