Woodnet Forums
Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller (/showthread.php?tid=7340655)

Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller - 00lightning - 07-01-2018

I have that I'm trying to see if iI can improve it performance until I can save for a 5hp Oneida Dust Gorilla. Has anyone ever increased to a larger impeller diameter? I will install a 5" system and only use one machine at a time so I should not have to worry about tripping the 3hp motor. I have a clip-on and will confirm once I decide. This is basically the same as the current PM 1900 collector, 14 "dia. on both.

RE: Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller - Wild Turkey - 07-01-2018

When you say "only use one machine at a time"  do you mean that you will use the blast gates to limit the airflow?  I'd be very cautious about that -- too easy for a gate to be left open, etc, and the motor to get overloaded.

I'd use a restriction at the inlet to make sure it couldn't be overloaded -- wouldn't take long to cook the motor.

RE: Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller - TDKPE - 07-02-2018

Your ammeter is your best friend in this case.  Do be careful.

I opened up the inlet and outlet of my "2 hp HFDC" when I put it on my Pentz cyclone separator, and it performs more like a 2 hp DC.  Well, more like a 1.5 hp.  Maybe.  But my problem is that the motor has no nameplate, and I've seen advertising from 12A to 16 or 18A for that unit, and of course advertising isn't authoritative.

RE: Powermatic model75 Dust Collector Impeller - 00lightning - 07-12-2018

Yes, I will check the amps. I would like to know if there is a larger impeller available (>14") that will fit the model 75 or the PM 1900 dust collector. Thanks.