Woodnet Forums
wood finish - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: wood finish (/showthread.php?tid=7369282)

wood finish - Gregor1 - 05-26-2022

I plan to build a glider out of white oak. Someone once mentioned some very good, albeit expensive, wood finish for outdoor furniture. I have tried in vain to find that post again. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks  Greg

RE: wood finish - jteneyck - 05-28-2022

(05-26-2022, 09:56 AM)Gregor1 Wrote: I plan to build a glider out of white oak. Someone once mentioned some very good, albeit expensive, wood finish for outdoor furniture. I have tried in vain to find that post again. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks  Greg

Epifanes Marine Varnish, perhaps?  

John

RE: wood finish - FS7 - 05-28-2022

Sikkens Cetol is probably the most highly rated exterior finish. It's pricey as well, more so than Epifanes.

(05-28-2022, 10:17 AM)FS7 Wrote: Sikkens Cetol is probably the most highly rated exterior finish. It's pricey as well, more so than Epifanes.

Cetol is now under the PPG umbrella, as ProLux.  Same great products IFAIK.

John

RE: wood finish - Gregor1 - 05-28-2022

Thanks for the responses. The product I was trying to recall is One Time.

(05-28-2022, 03:43 PM)Gregor1 Wrote: Thanks for the responses. The product I was trying to recall is One Time.

That's the only product that has held up on my Ipe' deck for a year without getting black mold.  It's faded some but still looks good.  I also used it on an outdoor bench last year.  Haven't seen it since, however, so I can't report on how it's faired.  

John