Smoke alarm replacement - yellow is now red?
Googling says that the interconnect wire is usually red but sometimes yellow, but I'd like to hear from Smart People here please.
Smile

House is 24 years old - hardwire smoke detector wires are white/black/yellow.  And a weird plug.  I'm tire of buying adapters and want to just use the new wiring harness that came with the new detector.

New harness is white/black/red.

I'm going to go w/ The Google and assume what was yellow is now red?
I'll go old white to new white,old black to new black -- and old yellow to new red.

That sound ok?
thanks!!

Attached Files Image(s)

“There were certain pillars of Conservatism. The first is Moral Character. That character is destiny. And if private virtue falls, the power to the public order collapses.”

(10-14-2021, 01:46 PM)pconroy Wrote: Googling says that the interconnect wire is usually red but sometimes yellow, but I'd like to hear from Smart People here please.
Smile

House is 24 years old - hardwire smoke detector wires are white/black/yellow.  And a weird plug.  I'm tire of buying adapters and want to just use the new wiring harness that came with the new detector.

I'll go old white to new white,old black to new black -- and old yellow to new red.

That sound ok?
thanks!!
south vietnam war collage
(10-14-2021, 01:46 PM)pconroy Wrote: Googling says that the interconnect wire is usually red but sometimes yellow, but I'd like to hear from Smart People here please.
Smile

That sound ok?
thanks!!

did that to match 14/3
south vietnam war collage
Pull the harness out and see what the wire nuts connect to? I have seen red to black connections before.
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.
Yellow is the new red, or red is the new yellow. Thanks all!
“There were certain pillars of Conservatism. The first is Moral Character. That character is destiny. And if private virtue falls, the power to the public order collapses.”