CT's Most Excellent Workbench Adventure
Looking good CT
I just rebuilt my base by lowering the lower stretchers and added upper stretchers. Now I have room for a cabinet and will be building one much like yours
Sand the rubber catch down

looking great though!
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
I just saw this thread for the first time. Your bench is really, really slick. Top notch work.

BTW, I love the purple heart. You and I would get along great.
Looks great CT!

Having recently just dovetails in maple, I can see I have quite a lot of practice ahead of me if I want to reach your quality of DTs. Great work.
I want to be in this most important thread too!
Awesome work CT!

A quick question to the people with a toolchest under the bench. When you clamp a big board to the front of your bench, don't you ever find you just need that chissle or plane that is in one of the drawers that is now behind the board? Knowing myself, that would be a huge problem...
Haha, good point, I hadn't thought of that, Corneel. I'm sure I'll have that problem some day (if I ever get this thing finished) I do have a pair of holdfasts, but just haven't got around to drilling the holes for them yet. I'm hoping the holdfasts will replace most of the clamping.
Turning impaired.
I'm smart, you know

I saw somewhere in this thread that you worried about the length of the holdfasts and how much space you need under the bench. But these holdfasts are plenty long, maybe you can just cut a bit of the length?
The holdfasts and vises will replace all your clamping, and if they don't you aren't imaginative enough

ETA: misspelling seems to be a vice.
I had no idea just how versatile holdfasts were till I bought a set from Joel. I use them more than any other one device for my bench now. I have drilled holes all over the place for them and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Nice progress on the bench BTW, I sure would trade my little bench for it. Only problem with it I would hate to pound and beat on it like I do my old thing.
If you can't find the time to do it right the first time,
When are you going to find the time to do it again?

Ace
So..... Any updates on the bench?
Matthew D
Inventor, Artist, Designer, Engineer

https://www.youtube.com/@Design_for_X