-Mount the doors on the back
-Put knobs on the doors
-Mount door catches
-Final scraping / clean up
-Finish with Watco
-Mount in workbench base
-Drink a cold beer (or two)

Um...CT that last item
Shouldn't that be something that was done after every step of the way?
I'm just curious because that is how I do it.

The bench looks incredible.
Very very nice job!

Peter
Peter

My "day job"
Great job on the drawers CT, and Bob's knobs look nice too

JOnathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Peter Tremblay said:

[blockquote]Crooked Tail said:

Left on the To Do list:
-Put knobs on the doors
-Mount door catches
-Finish with Watco
-Mount in workbench base

Um...CT that last item

Very very nice job!

Peter

[/blockquote]

Glad it's just not me that works that way! Cut a dovetail have a beer is my motto! ;-)

Cheers,

Josh
Ahhhh Josh... that beer tastes so fine!!!! gonna have some tonite! once the sharps are all put away....

CT - Thanks for the kind words.... I've a shelf project to build that I think I can do all outside on my sawhorses which will likely take the summer.... by then my shop ought to be back in my control... and yes, a full floor bench is now on the list - just not as nice as yours.....
Skip

Funky Space Cowboy said:

[blockquote]Peter Tremblay said:

[blockquote]Crooked Tail said:

Left on the To Do list:
-Put knobs on the doors
-Mount door catches
-Finish with Watco
-Mount in workbench base

Um...CT that last item

Very very nice job!

Peter

[/blockquote]

Glad it's just not me that works that way! Cut a dovetail have a beer is my motto! ;-)

Cheers,

Josh

[/blockquote]

Yea, but there was something nice about sitting on my freshly completed bench and having a beer
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
Very nice!

Peter is right, your work to beer ratio is off, way off!

It would be one thing if you were a power tool junkie, but you ripped your maple with hand tools for pete's sake, if that doesn't call for a cold one or five, I don't know what does.

I am happy for you that your project is coming to an end, but someone is going to need to step up to the plate to fill the bench making void that will be left open after you are done.
FordPrefect said:

Very nice!

Peter is right, your work to beer ratio is off, way off!

"work to beer ratio"

Love That!

Here we go one more time.

It's been a Watco party the last couple days! You know you've been working on a project waaaaay too long when watching varnish dry is actually exciting.

Rubbed the heck out of it with an old tshirt, and then the fun part... putting it all together.

Drum roll please....

It is finally... f-f-f-finished! For a while there I thought it would never happen! Wow wow wow.

One year, about five hundred dollars, every drop of two bottles of Titebond III, three and a half cans of Watco, 101 pictures, and countless, invaluable advice and encouragement from you folks, and finally we have the result!

Thanks guys for all of your help along the way. It has truly been a hell of a ride. It wouldn't have happened without you. Now I have one final item on the punch list... Fixin' that beer-to-work ratio!

Cheers!
Turning impaired.
Wow, that's awesome! Great job and I'm glad to see it done!
mike
I ain't a Communist, necessarily, but I've been in the red all my life
Hats off CT,

Cheers and beers, and oh...

Consider culling through this thread and editing together a web article about what you did and how you did it. The web sorely needs one as there is currently a vacuum... I think you already have the makings of something as good as anything out there.

Again, Great Work!