GOOD DEED 2008: The beginningwoodworker/Unisaw Project
I am in receipt of two used Unisaws. Being of a giving and caring nature (please refer to my post history for confirmation), I propose to donate one of these to Charles Jackson III, known by you as beginningwoodworker.

My intent is simple: I will, along with two anonymous benefactors (one on the west coast--she wishes to remain unknown, but is a frequent poster, one member of the Tribe in NY), absorb the initial cost of the base unit. I will also try to arrange to have the unit delivered to Charles. Perhaps someone going from Florida to Kentucky or thereabouts.

I already have offers of aid and support from some of you. Charles has indicated a willingness to put in the sweat equity on the saw. This is the 34-802.

The motor and arbor mechanism work, as it was in use last week. A cursory assessment indicates the following:

Needs left wing and right extension table (or he can build one).
Has Bies, needs tube and rail.
Has guard.
Needs motor cover.
Needs dust port.
Needs new switch.
Needs grip on one handle (I think).

Other than that, Charles can supply the muscle, cleaning agents and grease to put it in top-notch order.

I know that there is at least a small percentage of you folf who would be willing to help--$$, parts, guidance, advice, suggestions.

Especially you Unisaw mavens, and you know who you are.

Let's here from you via this thread or PM, and get this show on the road
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

Life is too short to suffer fools.
First pledge is in the mail as we speak
There is a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience here...and then there are the other members.

That is freakin' awesome, man. I can't help with the parts but do you have a Paypal account, or, how would you propose to recieve financial donations?
Tally so far:

$$ for parts

1 stock Delta miter gauge.

Forget politics and open yer hearts to a fellow woodworker

bonely@bellsouth.net

You da man

Bones, I'll get back to you when I go home for lunch...can't remember highly encrypted Paypal password.
It's spanky, I think.....I mean, I really don't know your password...............................any more.

I'm in. I will go home tonight and dig around my Uni parts pile and see what I have. I will also send Paypal donation. Thumbs up to dad

Grainraiser
Drop all your preconceived conclusions behind and open yourself to everything and everyone. Remember, the usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.
You're a good man. Sent a few $$ to your PayPal.

Ken
That's my boy, er, son, that is

Crank wheels, handles for same, rails, etc. About anything would be useful.

He can pimp this puppy out like a low-rider Honda