"Till" it gets warm again
The early arrival of winter has me in the shop sooner than usual. I'm building shop furniture, with the goal of having a place for everything and everything in its place by winter's end. The Dutch tool chest was first, and now a saw till. Here is my progress:

I was happy with the poplar I used in the chest, so I used it again for the till, which probably will be milk painted. The budget doesn't really allow for hardwood in the shop. I plan to used a tongue and groove back and there will be two small drawers for saw-related stuff.

I'll have to say I'm really enjoying using almost the entire scope of my hand tools on these projects. Its all part of the journey, right?
Mike,

Excellent progress! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Wow, really nice! Make sure that front rail is tall enough for all different kinds of handles. Some handles like the Atkins 53s or Disston D-23 for example have angel to them that makes the heel set pretty low when you lean them forward a bit.
Pat
looks good... cold weather has me getting all my shop projects done too!
Cheers,

- Tim
The thread on my Dutch tool chest can be found here .

Also, I built this without a plan, but I did lay out each of my saws on a paper pattern I cobbled together and they all should fit regardless of hang angles. That why the piece that engages the "heel" of the handle is high in the photo. I won't attach it until after I dry fit everything.
thank you...
Cheers,

- Tim
Mike that is looking good, great job.

Steve
Back in the shop this weekend after attending a very good hand tool event in Sycamore, IL. There was greenwood joinery, coopering, and inlay work being done by a luthier. My friend Ed Bouvier did the joinery, in his customary kilt.

Anyway, in the shop I finished the joinery on the saw till and worked on some finish planing. When I came to the pins, which I had cut proud, I hesitated about planing them off. What do you think? Too much? The milk paint will make them almost invisible if they are trimmed flush. Still have to do drawers and the T&G back.
Looks good Mike. Nice job!

I'm of a mind to leave the dovetails proud of the side and declare them a "bold design element"
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Nice work Mike
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery