shop led lights
Sam's Club is selling these: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4ft-led-sho...6460030.ip

It is a good price. But I don't know how good the fixture is. They also sell the GE LED bulbs and I had poor luck with those.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have three 48" florescent light fixtures in my shop. The bulbs have lasted forever. What is the advantage of having LED lighting in my shop?
JSpill said:

I have three 48" florescent light fixtures in my shop. The bulbs have lasted forever. What is the advantage of having LED lighting in my shop?

Whiter, brighter light. Lower light bills. Instant on. Instant bright even in cold weather.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
yep, plus I've had bulbs burn out and I figure these will last even longer. Plus no ballast.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to go out and buy a bunch. But I've got one that I was going to replace plus one spot that I need one (poor planning).

I've had one of the led security lights on my porch, admittedly covered for four years never had to change it. I turn it on in the morning and it stays on until about midnight every night. Any time I have to get the ladder out to replace a security light and led is going in.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
I just recently replaced the high output fluorescent lights in my shop with led shop lights from Sams and will never go back! It's just like daylight now inside my shop as these are 5k and 4200 lumens each. No more color correction when taking pictures and a much more pleasant and cheerful working environment.
"...cuttin' your presidency off right now. Just quit. Because if this is you helpin' us, then stop helpin' us."
I'm wondering why these fixtures look like they took a fluorescent shop light, trashed the ballast and bulb and put the LEDs in the fixture?

I'm thinking there are so many other options for what the fixtures could look like, maybe they are just using the old left over parts, and in a few years there will be other choices.

Duke