Oh no.....
Getting ready for an evening of sharpening and I was moving something a I hooked a cord and BAM!

Argh....
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Can you take it down and still be good?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

????????
Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

I assume you mean grind down the diameter?

It is a clone of a tormek and only 8 inches in diameter to start. It would be fairly small and to be honest, I have been too mad to see if the shaft is bent too.

At minimum I will hold on to it for the leather wheel.

Maybe I'll get a real tormek...I have an excuse. Lots of jigs to not use now.
Scott W said:

Getting ready for an evening of sharpening and I was moving something a I hooked a cord and BAM!

Argh....

While they seem much softer than the genuine Tormek stones, the ones that Grizzly sells for their 8" and 10" clones should fit and are relatively cheap.

10" http://www.grizzly.com/products/Replacem...010/T20683

8" http://www.grizzly.com/products/Replacem...097/T21868
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thanks Rob, looks like a whole new machine isn't that much more then a new wheel.
Scott I can sympathize with you. My hand grinder took a trip to the floor a while ago. While not the same economic loss, I know the feeling.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I've got plans to bolt down my Tormek, WS3000, a 6" grinder, and buffer to a roll around cabinet of some sort for a dedicated sharpening station. Now I am glad I'm planning on doing that.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Scott

It appears from looking at your picture, if you dressed it down about 1/4" you could gain back a lot of the working surface. You'd still have a chip out on the side, but not nearly as much.
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
MarvW said:

Scott

It appears from looking at your picture, if you dressed it down about 1/4" you could gain back a lot of the working surface. You'd still have a chip out on the side, but not nearly as much.

I second this sentiment. It only affects a small percentage of the working portion of the stone. As long as it does not catch the tool on its way around, everything s fine.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".