Furnace warranty repair
geek2me said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

Did you say something to tick them off? Small town and at the parts house- the gossip gets around- at least here it does.

I don't think so, really can't think of anything that would have annoyed them. I assumed it was more he is overloaded and it was less profitable work, but that doesn't really explain the others.

[/blockquote]

I'm wondering if he can even do the warranty work on that unit and get reimbursed. Many times installers can get the units and do installs but they aren't able to do warranty work for that brand which can be for a couple reasons.

No different than if you had bought a u it and installed it and not registered it with the manufacturer to get the warranty coverage. Also many of these companies just want to do installs and replacements and not do any service at all. Can't say that I blame them as only doing that ages for a quick day and check with little training needed to install vs service.
geek2me said:

[blockquote]daddo said:

Did you say something to tick them off? Small town and at the parts house- the gossip gets around- at least here it does.

I don't think so, really can't think of anything that would have annoyed them. I assumed it was more he is overloaded and it was less profitable work, but that doesn't really explain the others.

[/blockquote]

It's just beyond me to think he installed it, yet he won't take any time at all and leave you without any service what-so-ever! That is beyond comprehension.
If I moved into town, I would take all of his work away cleaning up his mess, his phone would soon quit ringing.
Why do you feel that a condensate pump should be repaired under warranty? Sounds like freeze damage to me.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The Luxaire is not a third tier brand. It is the same exact furnace as the York. Just a different sticker on the front. The TM9X model is a single stage furnace with ecm motor. If the condensate pan that you have is clear, it is an item with a T.S.B. Almost all the clear condensate pans have cracked. Johnson is paying to have the pan replaced, labor and all. How do I know? I've been a York dealer since 1995. I replaced every furnace condensate pan that had a clear condensate pan. It was an easy $75 service job, all paid for by the company.
tadams said:

The Luxaire is not a third tier brand. It is the same exact furnace as the York. Just a different sticker on the front. The TM9X model is a single stage furnace with ecm motor. If the condensate pan that you have is clear, it is an item with a T.S.B. Almost all the clear condensate pans have cracked. Johnson is paying to have the pan replaced, labor and all. How do I know? I've been a York dealer since 1995. I replaced every furnace condensate pan that had a clear condensate pan. It was an easy $75 service job, all paid for by the company.

Yes, it is a clear condensate tank. It's mounted vertically against the back panel behind the upper cover on the furnace. It cracked near the lower "lobe" where a small rubber tube connects.

Assuming that sounds like the TSBed tank, any suggestions on how to get it fixed? Thanks!

Google is your friend.

Linky doo
Rick in Ontario said:

Google is your friend.

Actually Bing is better, and Google is our mutual enemy.

Regardless, when I called York previously, they said I had to deal with the installer and they would not help me, provide parts, or honor the warranty directly.
geek2me said:

[blockquote]Rick in Ontario said:

Google is your friend.

Actually Bing is better, and Google is our mutual enemy.

Regardless, when I called York previously, they said I had to deal with the installer and they would not help me, provide parts, or honor the warranty directly.

[/blockquote]

If you can't get any help, you might try sending the installing company a letter asking if they are refusing to repair the problem and why and to reply to you within 5 days via the mail. Explain the Luxaire's main office wants you to deal with them and that you are sending a copy to Luxaire for the record. Send it certified mail.

I have found out that this is a common problem with this product.
geek2me said:

That right there tells me much about York, a company that I will now never deal with. For the record there wasn't much chance of that anyway, but such a business model can't be good. That really sucks.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Try a different dealer. The clear pans are all known to crack in the spot you mentioned. None of you people understand how the warranty works.

It all starts with the dealer. Any York or Luxaire dealer can do the repair. Since there is a Technical Service Bulletin on the repair, the part and labor is covered. Find a different dealer with the dealer locator.

Trust me, you won't get anywhere dealing with Johnson Controls directly. Find a reputable dealer and you shouldn't have a problem.