Stanley 60
This miter saw had been on eBay forever. It's really cool that someone has a saw that old that's, new n box, but is it really worth that kind of money
Just curious
Mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-No-60-Mi...eYAAMXQrhdTQhHN
In my opinion,"No."
Heck no!

I had one that wasn't in much worse condition. Not new as claimed here, but perfectly serviceable. It took me four months to sell it and I finally settled for $40 just to get it out of my shop.

As a mitre box, it really isn't a good one, as compared to a MF Langdon or a Stanley 358.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
IMHO "No!"

I have the same model that I picked up at the CRAFTS of NJ auction several years ago for about $15 or $20. I cleaned it up, sharpened the saw and used it on my recent family room project.

And FWIW I may be off here but it's not all that old. I'm thinking it's from the 70s.
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
Emphatically NO!!! Looked at the dudes page, everything listed is about 200 - 300 % of reasonable going prices. But, , some darn fool will buy it.
What I expected
I think this seller bought out an old hardware store. Almost all the items he has for sale and has sold recently are new old stock. If people are willing to spend $135 on a NOS push drill, someone will cough up the money for this.
I bought a Stanley eggbeater drill from that same guy, NIB six months ago, for well over a hundred bucks. It is the exact make and model of the first tool I ever received (7th birthday). I misused, and eventually ruined that drill. Buying a NIB (50 year old) drill was a blast. Almost like reliving a bit of my childhood, a do-over! I promise to take good care of this one!

People have all sorts of reasons for paying too much for things.

Like somebody said on this forum (and I paraphrase). "You can't get 1100 bucks for an old miter box unless you ask for it."

Incidentally, I have an old 360 and after tuning it up and sharpening it, it works great!

David C
Does anyone still make hard maple miter boxes
"Sarah Palin loves a good old fashion "Squirmish""

Hi, I live right next to Mrs. Palin and her amazing family. Just wondering what this means?

She and her family are fantastic people; I've met her and witnessed her around town in public life; great person and she certainly doesn't deserve the vitriol she receives.