Nice Ash Planes (?)
I can't find the maker:Nice Ash Planes doing a web search. Noticed his web address is also for sale. Is he still in business? First name was Rhett, I believe.
Further research leads be to think he has discontinued a very short-lived business. I had noticed a reference to him made by Chris Schwarz.
Might have gotten a new day job that sucked away the time, had a baby, etc. I see this a lot in the traditional archery culture. There will be an upstart bowmaker or supplier and they do great business and then they just fizzle away. I think that is just part of this cottage industry.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
I think that this is his lumberjocks page: http://lumberjocks.com/rhett and and his personal page: http://www.efcabineture.com/

Greg
Perhaps he just wanted to be able to say: "Nice ash!"
Some people can't survive the Schwarz effect. Startup get's his attention, next thing the guy has 2000 orders, and finds it takes him a week to do each order, becomes overwhelming, quits. This isn't just tool makers though, sometimes it's people offering to do any kind of work, and they find work really isn't what they want in life, and they bail on terms they have made, and agreed to. All you can hope for is they do the right thing, and refund everyone's money. I can attest some don't have that much class though.

I remember this young Man starting, because I remember the name, catchy as it is. I've never seen the obligatory, hey he stiffed me thread. So you have to assume he squared with everyone, which is classy.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
If it was the Schwarz effect that did him in all I can say is, "there but for the grace of God go I". When I first started marketing the chain kit for the leg vise he pretty much blew me off, said he would think about it. I even contacted Megen to see if she would review it and as editor she forwarded my email to Chris. Chris responded within the day and said he would put it on the next bench he built. That was well over a year ago. He's built a lot of benches since then. At this point I really don't want him or Megen to review it. I'm going to my first show to have more that an Internet presence the first week in April.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I remember a post where he had changed his name from Nice Ash Planes to Nice xxxx Planes. I can't remember what his new name is. Maybe someone can chime in.
Boatman – my apologies. I don't remember that specifically, but I do know CS has moved toward more traditional benches for his recent builds (e.g. no mechanical vises), which may be why he forgot. I haven't had a personal bench need, which is why I forwarded – but the next time I build a bench, I'll check our your drive.
Good luck with your show. I'm on the VERY lo tech end of vice use, so I am not a likely target. Doesn't mean I haven't lusted after a few of the high tech vices. I just don't see they would help me that much. My handtool use is all about handcut DTs, and used for fitting and finishing after power equipment does the heavy lifting. I do use a Moxon for DT's, but that is still Cave Man simple
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW