just another back saw
Hi woodworker,

on the german forum we've talked about making a new design for saw handle. Modern without all these liittle curves an hooks and pins.

This is my last try and I am so happy with it, I have to share it with you.

This design is inspirated by a lot of saw handles, I've seen in my live, but the one from Pekka and one of Stewies designs (Can't find it at the moment.) are heavily viewable.

More pictures on the blog http://two-lawyers-toolworks.blogspot.de...mk-ii.html

Cheers
Pedder
Now that is something different. Very liquid in form and is, no doubt, very comfortable in the hand.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Very nice. Beautiful work. It looks like it would be very comfortable.
I love it. Simple and elegant. I gotta start buying lottery tickets.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Very handsome!
-Howard
DaveParkis said:

I love it. Simple and elegant. I gotta start buying I love it. Simple and elegant. I gotta start buying winning lottery tickets.

Fixed it for you.

Steve
Pedder, that's wonderful! I like it a lot. I've seen some really wacko "improvements" on saw handle design, but yours really is a very nice change from the traditional. Well done!

Hank
I watched this one evolve and knew it would look great, but this post exceeded my expectations. Nice! Very nice.....

I am curious about the design details, extended distance from plate, longer horns? Balance? And relationship to the aesthetics.
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Hi Gents,

thanks a lot for the nice kudos! Very apreciated. Very!

The main parameter of the handle are the same as on many other saws. The hand piece is in the sam distance to the blade as on our carcas saw. It is a tad lower, but not extrem low.

The long horns and the big bubble in the middle are features I allways liked on saws. Maybe we make another design without, because some dislike it. But I think this handle would look flat without.

Cheers
Pedder