just another back saw
Thank you for the design clarification, Pedder. Without the cheek, it seemed well extended from the blade. I like the feel of longer horns.

Pear is a beautiful wood. Quite similar in color and grain-texture to our Pacific Coast Madrone. I used Madrone in place of Pear for old ship models. It was free rather than nearly the most expensive wood (in small quantity) at stores I frequented.
I like it! I liken it to the Formula 1 version of backsaws.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Wow! Very, very nice. I would like to see your Modern version of a closed handle - large tenon saw or panel saw.
Mike B.

One thing is for certain though. Whichever method you use, you can be absolutely certain that you are most assuredly doing it wrong.        Axehandle, 2/24/2016
Do not get in to much of a hurry buddy...  Arlin, 5/18/2022
Apology excepted.  TT. 2/25/20223
Hi Pedder,

as I told you already, I like your baby a lot. It's a rather different approach on a backsaw handle and it's very appealing to me - and obviously to others as well.

There's another advantage that Pedder didn't mention. The design allows a relatively steep hang angle. So this saw feels very good while working with a Moxon vice. I've tested it and loved the comfort of the saw while working wood that was clamped higher than in the bench.

Klaus
Very nice shape on the handle Pedder. I am thinking it will fit in the hand so nicely. What is it made from?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
rectangle618 said:

Wow! Very, very nice. I would like to see your Modern version of a closed handle - large tenon saw or panel saw.

Hi Mike,

thanks! One of the main features of this design is the big diameter of the transition.
It is bigger than the handle of on many hammers. The thinking behind is to make it sturdy
to avoid the need of closed handles.

Arlin Eastman said:

What is it made from?

Hi Arlin,
thanks, it is pear wood.

Cheers
Pedder
Nice saw. It reminds me a of a mid century American era style.....or somewhat Danish. Maybe you could call it the Eames saw? Also known as the Eames era in the US....

I love it!

I bet that sure is comfortable in the hand
Peter

My "day job"
Kansas City Fireslayer said:

Maybe you could call it the Eames saw? Also known as the Eames era in the US....

Wow, too much honor. Much too much.
Ray and Charles Eames are two of my 10 big design heroes. I grew up on their Lounge Chair until it gets to small.

No. 1 is Arne Jacobsen. He called his chair an ant, so maybe I may call this handle the polliwog?
That is what it looks like. In my eyes at least. How does that sound in an american ear?

Cheers
Pedder
That sounds pretty good. Surely you guys can't be lawyers, right? You guys are much too cool....