Bathtubs.
Robert Adams said:

Not new it's just that homeowners and builders stopped listening to the real estate agents that said you need tubs everywhere and listened to the people that live in the houses.

The argument for kids isn't much of one imo. Kids are only small for a very short time and there is little reason to do any construction that will only benefit a minority of people for a very short time. Tough it out for a couple years and you will forget it was ever an issue.

Besides if building houses really meant that families with small children wouldn't live there I'd want to see whole areas with houses without tubs...

Seriously tubs are a way outdated fixture for most and I'd expect CA to eventually ban them because a shower uses less water anyway. Those big garnered tubs were popular with the agents but most people that bought those rarely ever used them and if they did use on a regular basis they found out really quick that it was expensive to operate. Lots of water and they generally require two waterheaters in the house to supply enough hot water.

I see tubs vanishing more and more as most new builds may have one in the guest bathroom and may are remodeling to go without a tub as well. O e realtor I know has seen an increase in value of homes with a walk in shower and no tub.

Most showers nowadays come with a hand held secondary shower head. So bathing a child in a shower is very doable (no floating ducks requried--and no drowning hazard either.)

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Rel...ve-year-period/

On average there are 87 drowning deaths each year according to this article and, " After pools, bathtubs are the second leading location where young children drown. "
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I took the little crappy tub bathtub out of the master bathroom when I rehabbed it and put in a big honkin' shower. It's awesome.

There is a tub in the downstairs living area.
chris
doobes said:

There is a tub in the downstairs living area.

I'll bet that's quite a conversation piece. have you got a commode on the front porch?

I was wondering how long it would take Liz to show her colors...
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Me too
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay