Building a home from scratch- Pretty cool
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/watching-a-log...dium=socialflow

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
This was a very interesting project to view. I keep jumping in, 'saying a power tool would make that easier'. It was great to watch, to see the wood being finished. I was somewhat disappointed when they plastered the ceilings and walls. I love the look of any wood, without paint or finish.
I can't remember the last time I sat and watched a 25 minute you tube video but that was really impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Pretty interesting. Same video, but from a different link is going on over in Woodworking

It is a great story.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Wow cool, thanks for sharing that.

Unbelievable he built that with a Stanley with the kidney shaped lever cap... Those are supposed to be junk....
Strokes77 said:

Unbelievable he built that with a Stanley with the kidney shaped lever cap... Those are supposed to be junk....

Hardly. That lever cap started in the 30's, type 16, very worthy plane, up to T18 and early 50's T 19.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Admiral said:

[blockquote]Strokes77 said:

Hardly. That lever cap started in the 30's, type 16, very worthy plane, up to T18 and early 50's T 19.

[/blockquote]

Sorry... that was my attempt at sarcasm. People advised me that when i started into handtools.
I wonder how long it took. The kid got pretty big during the construction.

e deploribus unum

FBranco said:

I wonder how long it took. The kid got pretty big during the construction.

So much so that she subdivided and turned into two kids...

(sometimes my grasp on biology is weak)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.