Found On Reddit
https://i.imgur.com/FppDKM6.jpg

Edit:
Supposedly it's for sale for $150,000. A little out of my price range.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
I wonder where the inspiration came from.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Hey! Who's been taking pictures of my tools?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
Check out Item No. 30-3632 at M.S. Rau Antiques for more pictures and a list of contents. They are asking $150,000 for it.

msrauantiques.com

Mike
Semper Audere!
very pretty...

Is it just me or (from studying the tools on the auction site and looking at comments elsewhere) does something seem "off" about the combination of tools in the cabinet... I'm not even close to enough of an expert to weigh in with any true knowledge... it just doesn't "feel" right to me for some reason (unlike the Studley which feels "right" in every way possible)

It could just be me looking at another chest which is obviously high-end but doesn't quite meet my expectations because we've been spoiled by Studley... but again, it just doesn't feel quite right and I can't put my finger on why... and I'm not usually a cynic.

Lawrence
Shazam!! You could be right!!!!!!!
- Timberwolf, 12/23/14

my portfolio
http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/slideshow/portfolio?sort=6
I dont see it as being a "off" the tools for working wire in the upper left would make sense if this set was used for building pianos. Not sure if the Studley has similar wire working tools. Maybe this guy followed Sturley's lead or vice-versa.
Wow, that's quite a set-up! He apparently did a lot of carving. I can't even identify some of the chisel-like tools hanging on the far right and left. What on earth are they for?

Anyhow, it's not a 19th-century collection. Probably mid-20th-century. The hand planes all have lateral adjustment levers (the big jointer plane is in upside-down), and the Disston D-15 handsaw looks like a fairly late model. I'm guessing that somebody forgot that "mid-1900s" means "mid-20th-century." It's very well done, whenever it was done. Enough like the Studley cabinet to reveal where the maker got the idea, but enough of a departure to be a truly original setup.

Thanks for sharing.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Where's the back story? I want to know the who, when, why, and where of this cabinet! What was the builders profession and motivation for making such a beautiful piece of furniture? Funny there isn't any info at all on the auction's website, Usually a little bit of provenance increases the value of an object (at least that's what Antiques Roadshow says :-) That being said, thanks for posting this!
Interesting mix of tool makers: Stanley, Preston. No idea whose carving tools, though the handles look vaguely like Addis to my non-expert eye.

I'll put that on my birthday present list.
Do you think it was just put together to sell? Might explain the wide disparity of some of the ages of the tool.