RustHunting - Weekend of 3/12/16 PICS! Cool stuff and chisels galore.
I had plans for golfing on Friday, but the course messed up and my group was delayed for a few hours. I had some time to kill and drove around looking at sales.

Lucky breaks happen sometimes.

Stanley 720's

Stanley 750's

Stanley 40 Everlasts

Froe, mallet, marking gauge, tiny drawknife, MONSTER SKEW rabbet plane with a 4" wide blade, a nice plow with cutter set, and a real neat steel soled low angle wooden plane.

I've never seen a rabbet plane with this wide of a cutter. The sole slides really well, tightens down perfectly, and there's tons of life in it. I want to challenge myself to see if I can take a full 4" wide cut with it. Maybe start with basswood.

The low angle plane looks to be craftsman-made. It has a Butcher iron.

I won't chase the "You Suck's" on these. I paid a low, but fair, price for the tools in the final pic. I'll be going back for more where these came from. I have a good relationship built with the seller.
The chisels I got in exchange for a build project. Fair trade, in my opinion.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Wow!! Very, very nice haul. One of the best scores I've seen in a long time.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
More pics:

4" Skew Rabbet plane

Plow

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
darn! Gonna be a strong north wind blowing out of the arctic tonight with all that suckage in KC. That's quite a haul Greg. I found one nice 720 last week, and I was pretty excited!

Are you sure that big skew plane is not a panel raiser?

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Thanks Jonathan,

No, I'm not 100% sure. I've had lots of planes pass through my shop and used lots of woodies, but I've never had a panel raiser this wide. The only ones I've seen had angled soles and the fence was also angled, not perpendicular to the sole. This one is flat with no slant and the fence is perpendicular to the sole.

If this is common among panel raisers, then I've learned something and even happier with my find.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Wow....

This was a random sale? Geez....The best chisel score I've ever seen. Speechless. The 1/8" chisels look untouched. I need to move to Independence....

I don't know Greg. I have been wrong several times already today and its only 8pm!! Check out the photos for items 29 & 31 here.

Is there a makers mark?

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
Looks almost identical. I'll dig a bit more.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Jonathan S said:

I don't know Greg. I have been wrong several times already today and its only 8pm!! Check out the photos for items 29 & 31 here.

Is there a makers mark?

Jonathan

Looks very much like a panel raising plane.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Wow I say you hit a nice score, "congratulations".

Steve