Lie-Nielsen show in Chicago 3/18-3/19
Who's in?

It will be hosted at the Chicago School of Woodworking versus the traditional Jeff Miller's woodshop.

I plan on being there Friday late morning.

Schucks! Not going until Saturday. Sorry to miss you again. I think Joe, one of Chicago's Finest, will be there Friday. We have a good sized group going. Enjoy!
Mike Brady said:

Schucks! Not going until Saturday. Sorry to miss you again. I think Joe, one of Chicago's Finest, will be there Friday. We have a good sized group going. Enjoy!

Probably Friday and Saturday. Just a junkie getting his fix.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Stopped in this morning. The room used is the same size as Jeff Millers or smaller. It was quite crowded and none of the LN people were familiar. Street parking was tight, but available.

Lazarus planes was there as was Jeff Miller with his books and Glen Drake tools. LN had no prototype tools at all. They had their usual array of their own tools to test drive.

If you have been to a LN event, it is the same as before. The advantage if you make a purchase is free shipping. They had no tools available for sale. Lots of shirts, caps, calendars, sharpening oil and scrapers, but I saw no actual tools.

As I was leaving, Cian was coming.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I think the best part of the show was the new venue. I didn't know the school existed until today. They have very impressive facilities.
Joe pretty much covered it. I was bringing a hand tool neophyte so he was clearly all wide eyed from the displays and demos. And to be honest, I was more interested in seeing the school (and fellow WNers of course) than I was in the actual tools, per se. In hindsight, I wish I took more pics of the school's workspaces.

I'm pretty sure I showed pics of Jeff's ingenious tennoning vise (can be found in a past Pop Wwing issue) the last time:

Was hoping to go down to see some of the guys on Saturday, but I've come down with a pretty bad cold and ended up taking a long nap that afternoon.

Any reason given for the change in venue? It's been at Jeff's place for as long as I can remember.

Blaine
Blaine, the attendance had fallen off pretty dramatically. West Rogers Park ain't no picnic any more, and parking was a hassle because all street parking is per hour now. Jeff said he was relieved to not have to do the setup any more. He looked good, by the way, and captivated his audience with his skills and techniques. Keff has definitely gone to the big show now. Good on him.
The Chicago School of Woodworking is looking for and experienced hand-tool woodworker to conduct classes in their wonderful facility. Their current instructor is leaving to attend the North Bennett Street School. If I lived closer....

This school has kick-butt machinery....major Felder stuff and SawStops. They also have a great Yellow Labrador, and who doesn't love a shop dog?
It's a nice shop. And good to see a nice mix of old and new machines. E.g. PM 45, Yates J-170 lathes, but new scroll saws.

If I did not have shop space in my basement, it'd be quite tempting to more or less live there.

It did seem to suffer a bit for being right after the Cincy L-N/Lost Art shindig. Not as many exhibitors as in years past. (No Daed Toolworks, BenchCrafted, etc.) But nice to see Mateo, and his lovely planes there for the 1st time.

I will miss going to Jeff's shop, but I can not even begin to imagine what an inconvenience it must have been.

job