Thanks Dave Parkis
About four months ago Dave invited me to be a vendor at the Northeastern Woodworkers Guild show called 'Showcase' happening April 2&3 in Saratoga Springs, NY. Four months.... plenty of time. Well here I am down to the wire. I needed something that could demonstrate the chain kits for the leg vise so it had to be sturdy, I had to be able to get everything from the parking lot to the venue easily without multiple trips (ideally), and finally it all had to fit in the Subaru. Here is what I came up with and it works great so I thought I would share as something similar might be useful for other people.
First I needed a box to hold everything and lock when I wasn't around and I didn't want to deal with a hand truck so it has wheels big enough to roll over grass if need be.

This side will be facing the public and I'm waiting for the sign from the sign shop. Aluminum angle will be protecting the exposed edges of the plywood box for durability. I hope to use this more that once. It already has a place in the shop.

Next I needed some beefy legs to hold/be the vises and the legs needed to attach to the box and I wanted it easy and quick so I used bed rail hooks. Twice as many as on a bed so that ought to do it. One vise is flush with the top and that has a metal screw, and one vise has tall jaws like I have in my shop and really like and that one sports the Hovarter quick release mechanism.

Here is the receivers on the box sides. And the angle trim is installed.

Here is the box hanging from the legs very stable and easy to set up and take down. The legs will travel on top of the box to and from the car.

Another coat of Watco and then reassemble all the vise and chain hardware. If anybody is able to make it be sure to introduce yourself.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
That looks like a nice setup. I like the way you combined the utility of the plywood box with the traditional construction of the legs. Pretty shiny paint job, too!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Thanks, the paint is a marine paint (at almost $40 a quart it better be shiny) it's what I have in the shop all the time. I'm one of the few people on the east end that will do a big brush paint job on a boat. Most outfits want to spray a hard two part pant but they are not good on a wooden boat. Not many wooden boats in the area here anymore anyway.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Pretty clever solution, Jim. I love those bed rail hooks, but don't often think of them when I need a fix like that. Mike Siemsen used them to attach a crochet to one of his work benches.
I agree, very clever use of bed hardware! Gotta file that in the metal roladex

The Long Island Woodworkers club is sending a bus with 30-some guys up this year. I can't make it, but be sure to say hi to anyone you see!
Benny

Doggone cards keep falling out of my Rolodex though.
I'm the one that should be thanking you, Jim. I hope things go as well for you at Showcase as I expect. We generally get 3500-4000 folks through there in 2 days, so there will be plenty of traffic. I'm looking forward to seeing you demo the vise and (hopefully) the sharpening jig. See ya soon!!!
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Very
Jim, it looks perfect. Wish I could get there and meet you but I have an aging parent on hospice and i can't leave. Best of luck with the show and the 203's are working out great!
Show is later than usual eh? I thought I missed it. Looks interesting, especially the instruments.