Arm r seal over epoxy
Made a large table top out of walnut and filled some loose knots with epoxy.
I'd like to finish it with Arm r seal. Will the epoxy play well with the finish?
TIA
It has for me. I made a live edge slab counter top about 6 months ago and had to fill some cracks in the slabs with epoxy. I used Arm-R-Seal straight over it. I didn't have any problems doing it. The ARS flowed over it the same as the wood and there were no obvious bond problems. As far as I know, the top is still fine.

John
Thanks. I was hoping you'd chime in !
Did you fine sand the epoxy before overcoating it?
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Turkey-I sanded the epoxy just like the rest of the top. Standard procedure
As far as I know.
I put the epoxy on before I completely leveled the top, so it got sanded the same as the rest of the top in prep. for finishing. I think I sanded everything to 220 grit before I applied the Arm-R-Seal. Might have been 325 grit. Can't remember for sure.

John
My shop did lots of marine work. Lots of epoxy was used both on top of polyester and wood. As long as the surface was clean, adhesion of the epoxy was never a problem. Be sure the epoxy is fully curedl We would scuff sand the total surface with 400 or 600 grit.

As always, test your plans on and inconspicuous spot.
Howie.........