What lazy susan for TV stand?
Thinking of a lazy susan for our 60' tv. I have the attachment of the lazy susan base, figured out, but wonder what lazy susan bearing setup to use.
I would like to have minimal rocking. I've seen aluminum ones on flea bay that look interesting.
Any recommendations, or ideas?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Most BBS sell them, go check them out, there always be some slop in them.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware/pag...13&p=44042  
I Have used many of these mainly in the C or 6" size they are reasonably priced and work well.  At least I have had
no complaints. I mainly made 15" to 18" lazy susans with them.  They were  pretty solid without rocking, though quite a bit smaller then what you are doing.  Then that is why they have larger sizes.   LV also has aluminum races for more money  I have never used them but LV stuff is normally
pretty good.  http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware/pag...13&p=44014
If you couple the lazy Susan bearing with a tray mounted on ball bearing drawer slides, you can pull the TV out of the cabinet and also swivel it as needed. Just be sure the structure is fastened securely to the shelf. I made one of these about 20 years ago and the TV weighed about 70 lb back then. It works. Pics available on request.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
(12-05-2016, 07:49 PM)Edwin Hackleman Wrote: If you couple the lazy Susan bearing with a tray mounted on ball bearing drawer slides, you can pull the TV out of the cabinet and also swivel it as needed. Just be sure the structure is fastened securely to the shelf. I made one of these about 20 years ago and the TV weighed about 70 lb back then. It works. Pics available on request.

Great idea, the combo, yes, and the disclaimer also!!!
Big Grin
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I still use a 27" CRT (heavy) and it sits on a glass top Lazy Susan I bought at Ikea.
Works well.
Ag
By popular demand, here are the isometric plans that I drew in order to make the TV Swivel pull out:
[Image: TV%20Swivel%20Pull%20Out_zpsjtbar7jd.png]
One heckuva heavy TV rested on it. So, I attached the side rails to the cabinet shelf with four screws apiece. Thanks for looking.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.