Minty Record 08
If you want a Record No 8 that was bought brand new and then set on a shelf in a climate controlled room, then this is the one for you.  Far and away the finest Bailey style plane I have ever seen.  Leonard Bailey (the member here who we have not seen in quite some time, not sure what happened to him) had some NOS Stanley planes in their original boxes and this one is nearly every bit as nice as those.  The only detractors from this being completely perfect is a scuff on the knob and a scuff on one of the corners of the bottom.  100% Japanning (or paint). Superficial marks on the bottom. Not corrosion exactly more like "patina". :0  Has to be 99% condition.

$125 Shipped.  USA shipping only.  That includes you all in AK and HI.  I like PP F&F but we can work out payment options.

I will have to dismantle the plane slightly to ship it but I assure everything will be well padded. I will have to remove the tote, irons, frog, and lever cap. Hopefully I will be able to foam wrap all of the pieces individually.

[Image: 36045624224_9ee2bdb72c_k.jpg]

[Image: 36483343960_16b9791fa8_k.jpg]

[Image: 36708716462_595e8a6bf9_k.jpg]

[Image: 36708700482_e979f4f74f_k.jpg]

[Image: 36879726365_0b9d5b0055_k.jpg]

[Image: 36879722225_e7ccda2baf_k.jpg]

[Image: 36483341760_209a0b3e08_k.jpg]
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Very nice, corregated too, not many in this condition, and it is priced very reasonably. Record made planes equal to, if not better in later years, than Stanley.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
If available I will take this .  Please pm with pp address for payment
Thanks

Ed
This is sold.
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Man oh man cannot believe the condition of this plane...not seeing the boatyard that's for sure....like new

THANK YOU
Ed
Great to hear.  It truly was a nice one.  Too nice for my collection.