Early WoodNet, still more added
I've seen that pic before, for a long time I thought Mac was a badazz, now I know he's a big softie....
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I usually lurk for a couple years before I decide to join a forum.

Thanks to WN I have a very extensive Bessey clamp collection.
Winkgrin  
Laugh
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
(11-22-2017, 04:56 PM)Steve N Wrote: I've seen that pic before, for a long time I thought Mac was a badazz, now I know he's a big softie....
Big Grin

Oh he's a badazz............
Laugh  First time we met was at a breakfast before one of the KC wood shows.
He was sitting in a corner wearing that hat, growling......
Laugh
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I came here from another forum and for the life of me I can't think what it was called. I know it's long gone now. I had gotten tired of the petty bossing and the  holier-than-thou  attitude,  I never looked back.
I hope I gave the Woodnet as much as I took from it in the time I have been here. I love passing on ideas that come to me and the sharing that goes on everyday between all woodworkers here.  Woodworking has been my life and it would seem I have passed it on to my son. he is very talented, but some times I wish he would have gotten a real job to make some money
Laugh
The Moderators here have been well chosen and I tip my hat to them
Yes this forum is rich with good hearted people , keep it up folks, keep sharing 
Cool

Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Wild Turkey, thank you "bad day" reminders.  I had forgotten just how entertaining woodworkers can be!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I joined back in '98, too. At the time there weren't very many members, so questions and replies took what seemed like days to show up. But they were good questions. And even better replies. Woody was considered The Man back then - at least by me. He was in his 80's, and had just a ton of knowledge! And a pretty good sense of humor...
Yes 

This forum has always been a community. It just evolved that way. Trolls were called out, and arguments/difference of opinion were kept pretty civil. As the community grew, so did the level of support & giving. I've met a lot of friends through here. And there are many more I'd like to meet. Someday we will...

I used to visit a couple other forums, but now not so much. WoodNet is where I started. It's where I'll stay....

Dave
Member since Oct '98, but got caught in the crash of '01...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Good deeds abound here. Some actions that happened:

Community donated and bought a laptop for a member who was contracting for the government in Iraq(who was also famous for his love(?) of cats. He went on a nationwide thanks tour on his return to the States.

The Christmas Auction has done wonderful deeds.

The community donated(to include Papa Grizzly) a rather nice bandsaw and stuff to a friar who became the Official Confessor of WoodNet.

When a member died, another member drove several hundred miles round trip on at least two weekends to help the widow assess, mark, and sell his woodshop tools at a fair price.

Several fellows got together and built some darn nice office furniture for a local Habitat for Humanity chapter.

Folks donate to all kinds of causes. Money, furniture, boxes, flag cases, turned pens, and time.

There are many, many more examples. I'd like for folks to add more.
Absolutely a community. It would also appear that Woodworkers are some of societies best citizens.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
And I'm so guilty of posting just to raise my post count

Big Grin
I really miss all the Amazon Orgies.  I got tools that way..