Early WoodNet, still more added
(11-24-2017, 11:40 PM)CanoeBoy Wrote: And I'm so guilty of posting just to raise my post count

Big Grin

You have no idea---several years ago, there was a several month invasion of posting for post count. That is where the +1 post originated. Seems new members for a while acquainted the number of posts with expertise. What they did not know---but eventually discovered---was there was expertise, but not in knowledge or talent, but in padding post counts to an inordinate amount.
Big Grin
+1

(Had to)

Wink
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(11-25-2017, 12:47 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: You have no idea---several years ago, there was a several month invasion of posting for post count. That is where the +1 post originated. Seems new members for a while acquainted the number of posts with expertise. What they did not know---but eventually discovered---was there was expertise, but not in knowledge or talent, but in padding post counts to an inordinate amount.
Big Grin

I believe Old Arn originated from a misspelling.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong

I also learned the word BORG on this form.

Recently I thought they were going to convert to a cooking forum, but cause of the large amount of fudge :-)
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(11-25-2017, 02:26 AM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: +1

(Had to)

Wink

Winkgrin
Winkgrin 

(11-25-2017, 09:18 AM)Cecil Wrote: Recently I thought they were going to convert to a cooking forum, but cause of the large amount of fudge :-)

I looked for an order button, but never found a way to order any Fudge from here.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-24-2017, 11:43 PM)CanoeBoy Wrote: I really miss all the Amazon Orgies.  I got tools that way..

Jorgy Orgy ftw!!

And does anyone else remember that freakish time where Microsoft was giving 25% discounts on web purchases via MS Bing?

This place is wholly responsible for my "better tastes" in tool selection over the years.

I started with this:

[Image: DSCF0018.JPG]
Upgraded to this:

[Image: Jet_CS.jpg]
But from relentless and wise direction of many here, eventually ended up with one of these:

[Image: IMG_1802_1024.jpg]
As SWMBO would say, "Look at how much money I saved, honey!"   
Slap
Those Jorge Orgy's were something - word went out and if you didn't order quickly they were gone. Still have quite the collection and thinking of the madness still makes me smile when looking at the clamp rack.

It wasn't long after that ClampMan was helping with the stuck clamps (mallet to the handle) and then parts started being replaced.
(11-25-2017, 08:08 PM)jcredding Wrote: Those Jorge Orgy's were something - word went out and if you didn't order quickly they were gone.  Still have quite the collection and thinking of the madness still makes me smile when looking at the clamp rack.

It wasn't long after that ClampMan was helping with the stuck clamps (mallet to the handle) and then parts started being replaced.

Yea I think I had about 80 of the Jorgies. From 18" to 36". I've slowly sold them all off.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was up to about 60 and let a bunch go but still have about 15 - 20 between 24" - 48". Still use them and like them.
(11-25-2017, 07:58 PM)Cian Wrote: Jorgy Orgy ftw!!

And does anyone else remember that freakish time where Microsoft was giving 25% discounts on web purchases via MS Bing?

Yes, Between that and the concurrent Jet rebates (plural), and I think the dealer had a discount going too, They were almost, darn near almost paying you to take home a floor standing hollow chisel morticer. Crazy...

And a Woodcraft blowout sale on K body clamps was around that time too. Also crazy inexpensive.
Another was the Harbor Freight 14" bandsaw orgy. They went on sale for somewhere around $130---I think over 150 were bought just by Netters.

For those unaware, the HF band saw is a clone of a Delta model. What folks did was buy the HF saw, and a Delta riser, and a blade and Bingo, a 12" resaw capacity for less than $200. The only gotcha was the crappy motor.