Early WoodNet, still more added
I remember coming home from work and read about the parallel clamps Big Lots had.  I immediately jumped from my chair and drove the 1/2 mile to Big Lots.  It cleaned them out.  I then drove 25 miles to the next Big Lots and cleaned them out.  IIRC, they were $15 per.

I read about the Bosch sliding miter saw deal at HD on WN as well.  I immediately jumped from my chair and drove the 5 miles to the BORG.  I missed it.  That saved me $400

I got in on the Worksharp deal at Sears though.  Not only did they honor the error at ~$20, but they gave me the "friends of Sears" day discount on top of it.

When people got closeouts from Lowes and such, they would post their receipts.  As you all know, no pic, it did not happen.  One day I was at Lowes and saw that their Diablo dado set was ~$100.  Using my smartphone (which was a recent purchase back then) I popped up the WN thread and showed the manager the Lowes receipt.  He honored the price ~$50.

Like others, I spent a lot of $$ at Harteville.  I learned about Whiteside and Holbrens on WN.  I almost exclusively buy my router bits from Brian now.  Much better quality.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(11-26-2017, 06:04 PM)badwhiskey Wrote: The story about the flatulence so strong you could throw a sheet over it and send it out to trick-or-treat on its own.

Bob Z had a sense of humor.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The rocking horse by Bob Z.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
(11-25-2017, 07:58 PM)Cian Wrote: Jorgy Orgy ftw!!

And does anyone else remember that freakish time where Microsoft was giving 25% discounts on web purchases via MS Bing?

This place is wholly responsible for my "better tastes" in tool selection over the years.

I started with this:

[Image: DSCF0018.JPG]
Upgraded to this:

[Image: Jet_CS.jpg]
But from relentless and wise direction of many here, eventually ended up with one of these:

[Image: IMG_1802_1024.jpg]
As SWMBO would say, "Look at how much money I saved, honey!"   
Slap
Yessir. I can lay blame here for my graduation from Craftsman Contractor saw, to Delta CS, to Uni, and SawStop.
Watch your fingers!!

(11-27-2017, 05:10 PM)Cecil Wrote: I remember coming home from work and read about the parallel clamps Big Lots had.  I immediately jumped from my chair and drove the 1/2 mile to Big Lots.  It cleaned them out.  I then drove 25 miles to the next Big Lots and cleaned them out.  IIRC, they were $15 per.
I had forgotten about this one. I was almost late; I cleaned out our local store (4, 30" for $60), drove 90+ miles to see our son and cleaned out that store (4, 60" for $60).
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Oh the good old days, great people finding great deals.

No Mustard Muster
Idjits
Klink, Wookie and the G&G

Fun times 
Laugh

Hey, up your post count !
How many of us made a Thein baffle or one of Niki's marvelous creations?
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
I miss the no mustard musters
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
I went back through my pictures and discovered the inspiration for the outhouse project!!

Watch your fingers!!

[attachment=5998]
[attachment=5997] BBQ meet
[attachment=5996]Bill and Artie