"The Roost" is coming along . . . slowly
Since this picture was taken the pile of rock in the right corner has been spread, compacted and the rebar is laid.

Now if the weather will behave maybe next week a slab!
Rolleyes

[Image: u4vBz8N.jpg]

32'x48'x12', and yes I will have lots of windows on that side.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I love it when a plan comes together. Good stuff! I've lost track...will this be SIP, frame, post and beam?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-14-2018, 05:49 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I love it when a plan comes together. Good stuff! I've lost track...will this be SIP, frame, post and beam?

2x6 frame.  Decided against SIPS because of so many windows and $$$$.  Since I've got less than 5 acres county planning and zoning 
Upset
Upset
Upset  has put some ridiculous restrictions on post and beam.

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
I do believe that's the first time I've seen foundation block that narrow.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Looking good. Going to be awesome.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Why the block? Odd construction as I would just frame a perimeter beam rear it and pour.
(04-15-2018, 08:10 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Why the block? Odd construction as I would just frame a perimeter beam rear it and pour.

We have a very "conscientious" planning and zoning board here.
Rolleyes   I had to put 24" wide, 10" thick footers 24" below the surface to avoid "frost heave" and leave 8" of concrete above the soil level so we can spot any termite infestations.

Yeah, overkill but there is no way to fight them until the next election
Upset

I also had to assure them that I was going to build a house near the shop site because they were worried that if I didn't a nice shop like this one would be occupied by "a motorcycle gang"  (yes, that's what one of them said
Rolleyes

And unless you have more than 10 acres a pole barn is even worse -- poles have to be set in something like 3' holes filled with concrete, etc.
Upset
Upset
Upset

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(04-15-2018, 06:19 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I do believe that's the first time I've seen foundation block that narrow.

Those are "sill blocks" -- 8"x8" blocks with a 4"x4" shelf that you pour the slab on.  Then you drill down through the wood and concrete into the sill block, inject epoxy and insert a long threaded rod and tighten the nut down on the wood when the epoxy sets.

Yes, overkill but they aren't paying the bills so they can specify whatever they feel is "best for the county's future"
Rolleyes

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Huh....whatever happened to putting J hooks in the concrete when it's poured, for the wall ties. Just a big hmmm. Lol

We still use J hooks.

And we've never used blocks like that. Just framed it. Different states, different tactics I suppose.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-18-2018, 10:15 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I also had to assure them that I was going to build a house near the shop site 

Do you think they will ever follow up to see if you built a house? What kinda of recourse do they have against you?
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15