Vanity
I mostly have the skeleton of the vanity done. So far, it's just doweled together.  I just drilled through for the dowels, none of this is going to be easily visible. There is going to be a separate base, which was an idea I got from Admiral. Actually, I would be nowhere on this project without his ideas.  

The design objective was to make it less deep from the wall and make it taller. The old vanity was at the lower height that has gone out of style since nobody has kids anymore, and those that do can buy a step stool.  It goes in a corner.  The front and right side will be covered with walnut frame and panel.  Three drawers along the right side.  I cut out the top divider so there can be access to the sink basin in the future if needed.  I thought about cutting more holes in it because it's really heavy.  Russian ply is very dense. This is less than one 5x5 sheet, so I have $35 in it so far.  I'm getting a manufactured quartz top with an undermount basin. 

You can usually fit a bottom drawer under the trap.  It improves utility, and generally looks fine in my opinion.  

How is it that the through dowels on the front face will not show?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
There is going to be a walnut face frame over the front. Consider it a solid wood veneer. This is all just structure, none of it will show with the drawers/door closed.  I am thinking about putting a pull-out tray behind the door.  I hadn't really thought about putting drawers on the left, I could still do that and skip the door. I'll have to sketch it up.

I have thought about the possibility of wood movement problems, and decided to go ahead and try it. There are not going to be any wide boards that aren't free to move, so I'm thinking I will be okay.
I did all drawers on my vanity.  It is easier to access than opening a door then pulling out the drawer.

I had to construct the drawers to go around the pipes.  Extra work, but bathrooms have lots of small items that fit well in those perimeter drawers.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.