4" square exposed work cover
I'm looking for a 4" square exposed work cover that has a flange that extends a half inch or so beyond the edges of the box.

Something like this, but where the edges extend out some more to cover a gap between the box and the wall.  Anyone know if they exist and if so where I can find them?
[Image: raco-covers-906c-64_1000.jpg]
That is a surface mount cover. If you are trying to cover a gap between the box and the wall, it sounds like you should have a 2 gang adapter and finish plate. You should be able to find wide finish plates.

Mud ring adapter

An oversized switch and receptacle may be hard to find, but here is the concept.

Oversize plate (two switches)
One of these:
[Image: ele186__56142.1410975974.jpg?c=2]
And then an oversizedl switch plate cover?

My original picture was a little off.  What I have now is this; just a single gang:
[Image: getimage.asp?id=243261&ImageType=2&NoIma...mageSize=3]
If you have a single device then it would be a single gang adapter. You can find a single gang over sized receptacle plate easily but it would not cover the box. How about a 2 gang adapter and add a second duplex receptacle and get an over sized finish plate for 2 duplex receptacles?
Thanks gjohn.  That adapter plate was key; I didn't know such a thing existed.  I found a place to get a 2 gang single receptacle oversized finish plate so that along with the adapter should work.