Cleaning kitchen doors.
My cherry kitchen cabinets were finished with Minwax Polyurethane spray...satin.... They have accumulated oil and grease from daily use (especially over the stove).   How do I clean the doors without stripping and re-spraying?    In the past I tried denatured alcohol with 4/0 steel wool, but that resulted in a re-spray.   If I can get the grease/ oil off, I can decide what to do then.
TSP works real good
(tri sodium phosphate)
(12-07-2021, 09:05 AM)jcclark Wrote: TSP works real good
(tri sodium phosphate)

That can easily result in damaging the finish.  I would start with simple Dawn dish soap in warm water.  If you have really greasy areas then test some mineral spirits where it won't show and if it shows no damage to the finish then wipe those areas with mineral spirits.  In both cases, you need to rinse the sponge or changed the paper towel frequently, and probably go over each area multiple times to really remove the grease and not just smear it around.

John
(12-07-2021, 10:17 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That can easily result in damaging the finish.  I would start with simple Dawn dish soap in warm water.  If you have really greasy areas then test some mineral spirits where it won't show and if it shows no damage to the finish then wipe those areas with mineral spirits.  In both cases, you need to rinse the sponge or changed the paper towel frequently, and probably go over each area multiple times to really remove the grease and not just smear it around.

John

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Dawn should work. Don't let the sponge get so wet that water gets into the panel grooves. We wipe the hood and cabinets near the stove down every few months so the job doesn't get too bad.
(12-07-2021, 10:17 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That can easily result in damaging the finish.  I would start with simple Dawn dish soap in warm water.  If you have really greasy areas then test some mineral spirits where it won't show and if it shows no damage to the finish then wipe those areas with mineral spirits.  In both cases, you need to rinse the sponge or changed the paper towel frequently, and probably go over each area multiple times to really remove the grease and not just smear it around.

John

*This again*    Roly