Living without a Miter Saw? Festool table instead?
(01-21-2022, 10:04 PM)MarkWells Wrote: My first choice ripping is band saw.  I rip it and then clean up the edge with a hand plane.

I have also ripped with a hand saw and it's not nearly as bad as you might think, depending on the wood.

Sheet goods I don't use much, but I have found that I can hand plane the edge of plywood without too much trouble, so the same ripping and cleaning up the edge works.

Not long ago I bought a track saw.  Now I can use that for sheet goods.  Before I had the track saw, I would cut sheet goods with a 10 tpi crosscut hand saw.  It goes pretty fast, but there's a lot of tear out on the back side.

Mark

You are more ambitious than most, including me.  I can't imagine ripping and edging all of the faceframe material required to build a set of kitchen cabinets by any of those methods.  

John
(01-22-2022, 03:19 PM)jteneyck Wrote: You are more ambitious than most, including me.  I can't imagine ripping and edging all of the faceframe material required to build a set of kitchen cabinets by any of those methods.  

This is a hobby for me.  I get to choose what I work on.  Building kitchen cabinets would be my last choice.

Mark
(01-22-2022, 04:22 PM)MarkWells Wrote: This is a hobby for me.  I get to choose what I work on.  Building kitchen cabinets would be my last choice.

Mark

You also are smarter than some of us.  

John