Easy wax question
I am using shellac, then Renaissance wax, for my current project. I've done that a few times in the past. I wipe on thin coats of shellac, buff with steel wool, then apply wax with blue paper shop towels. For the life of me, I can't remember whether I buff the wax with the paper towels, or with steel wool. Going totally blank on this. Steel wool does sound like a dumb idea, seems like little pieces of it would get embedded in the wax. But I don't remember. Whatever I did before left a nice sheen, though. 
Crazy

Advice?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
If you want a satin sheen apply the wax with 0000 steel wool, then buff with a soft cotton cloth.  If you want gloss, use a cotton cloth to apply it and buff it off.  

John
(01-31-2022, 10:43 AM)jteneyck Wrote: If you want a satin sheen apply the wax with 0000 steel wool, then buff with a soft cotton cloth.  If you want gloss, use a cotton cloth to apply it and buff it off.  

John

Thank you
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I apply wax with the gray scotchbrite pads. That eliminates getting metal shards in the finish.

Buff off with old white t-shirts.
(02-06-2022, 10:57 AM)Scoony Wrote: I apply wax with the gray scotchbrite pads. That eliminates getting metal shards in the finish.

Buff off with old white t-shirts.

That's a good idea. I used the steel wool and it went well.
Best,
Aram, always learning