simple oil finish needed
I attached canary wood panels to my wall and want to add a simple, very simple, oil finish. I don't need to do other than bring out the grain. There is no wood protection issue.

Liberon has been suggested but I just read many ppl do wet/dry sanding and multiple coats of Liberon. Way too much work for me.

Can 1 coat of Liberon be applied to get a reasonable result... as the final look is mildly rustic in design - I'm adding glass shelves to the wood with fly fishing items. Def rustic.

Thanx.
No hands on experience with any Liberon product, but if you refer to the Liberon Danish Oil a glance at the SDS seems to indicate it's not much different from any other danish oil product, so wiping it on and then wiping off the excess should do exactly as you want. I've used Canary wood for flag cases and found that a coat of varnish really looks good on it. I think the danish oil will provide the same look.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You may want to check out hardwax oils like osmo and odie’s.
(02-15-2022, 06:21 AM)fredhargis Wrote: No hands on experience with any Liberon product, but if you refer to the Liberon Danish Oil a glance at the SDS seems to indicate it's not much different from any other danish oil product, so wiping it on and then wiping off the excess should do exactly as you want. I've used Canary wood for flag cases and found that a coat of varnish really looks good on it. I think the danish oil will provide the same look.

Thanx. I actually just tested a bottle of Feed N Wax on scrap, which I forgot i had. I think these kinds of applications are pretty much like any furniture polish. The Feed N Wax does in fact darken the wood, bringing up the grain a bit. Probably as good as anything in this product category, no?
(02-15-2022, 07:18 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: You may want to check out hardwax oils like osmo and odie’s.

Thanx. I have tried some odies. Btw no Odies videos show exactly how much of it to use, per any project. It's guesswork. How do you figure it? I have some left over from a botched attempt. The amt to use will vary by the species of wood used. They don't go into any of this.
I'm not familiar with Odies, but if it works like danish oil, you apply it liberally, let it soak for a while and then wipe off the excess. Some woods will soak up more than others. Hence, the variable amount used.