Bath and Shower installation cost question
I believe the price is a bit steep, but not out of the range one might expect. Perhaps I missed it, but have you asked for other quotes from other reputable companies?  Personally I would always recommend at least 3 bids/estimates on anything I contracted out.  I have considerable experience with remodeling and building bathrooms as a DIY-er.  I am not a contractor. In any metro area there will be companies who bill based on the size job they want.   If this job is smaller than they usually do, then they will bid to make it worth their while.  If they are a startup who does good work but is hungry for work, and recommendations, they will bid it more reasonably (i.e., closer to their costs).  Hard to figure out which company is which, but getting multiple bids is always helpful as you will be suprosed at the range of prices, and the range of interactions you will have.  At least I always have been.   Consider it the work that you do to save money and try to get it right.  Just my 2 cents...good luck.
sleepy hollow

(04-07-2022, 08:21 AM)sleepy hollow Wrote: I believe the price is a bit steep, but not out of the range one might expect. Perhaps I missed it, but have you asked for other quotes from other reputable companies?  Personally I would always recommend at least 3 bids/estimates on anything I contracted out.  I have considerable experience with remodeling and building bathrooms as a DIY-er.  I am not a contractor. In any metro area there will be companies who bill based on the size job they want.   If this job is smaller than they usually do, then they will bid to make it worth their while.  If they are a startup who does good work but is hungry for work, and recommendations, they will bid it more reasonably (i.e., closer to their costs).  Hard to figure out which company is which, but getting multiple bids is always helpful as you will be suprosed at the range of prices, and the range of interactions you will have.  At least I always have been.   Consider it the work that you do to save money and try to get it right.  Just my 2 cents...good luck.

One coming today and one other tomorrow.
One out - they install only all theirs stuff including tubs, plumbing, etc. They won't do tub that I have purchased.
More and more looks like I am going to learn welding ...
Another one is the same - they install only their own tubs
So it looks like I somehow got specific companies in the search, not a regular plumbing guys. Something to learn every day
Smile
In hindsight, I suppose it is not surprising that these sorts of companies are willing to come and try to hard sell you at home.  I find that sites like angie's list (or whatever they are called now) are not so good at finding actual contractors as much as they are good at helping contratcors find you to try to sell you things you don't need or want.  

My wife used to use the Next Door website to find recommendations from neighbors, but that forum has become polluted as well.  Might be worth a shot though.  Another approach might be to look for remodeling jobs in progress in your area and call them to find out who they use for subs to do plumbing, etc.  You job is not a big one, but one of their subs might be willing to bid on it.  

Also, call plumbing service companies and see if they might know someone who would be interested.

You are probably already donig these sorts of things so I may not have added much.
sleepy hollow