Rabbit Fencing
(04-20-2022, 09:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Chicken wire.

My garden is so small that if they jump they will jump over it!
Chicken wire buried a few inches deep to prevent digging under. As tall as you can while stepping over it. Use 36" if you bury it 6" deep. (unless you are short or wear your pants around your knees)
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(04-20-2022, 09:12 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Chicken wire.

Thanks.  This is a flower garden on our front walk.  I want something nicer.  Im probably going to go with some kind of wood fencing.

If you can step over the fence easily, you're not keeping the rabbits out.

We had a couple dozen free-range chickens.  They can tear up a landscaped bed up faster than 1000 rabbits.

We used this fencing system from Lowes:  Decorative "no dig" fencing  We had 150 linear feet of this fencing.  The initial install took about 6 hours.  When I needed to conduct sporing cleanup, I removed the fencing (30 minute job), and then put it back when done (45 minute job.)  The fence isn't currently installed since my wife is "between" chicken flocks right now.  I have it stored, and when she restocks the coop, then I'll put the fence back up.

If I were trying to keep rabbits out, I would put up this fence and then fortify it with 24" tall chicken wire along the bottom, zip-tied to the inside of the fencing.  In fact, I've done that with this fencing system, and it doesn't look too bad.  The decorative fence helps mask the chicken wire.

The fencing system also has gate sections available.

It's not cheap, but it's the only thing I can think of that has easy accessibility and doesn't look horrendous.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I have used 24" fence in the past and had no problems. Build frames out of 2x2 and then used hardware cloth for the field. Unless it is being chased a rabbit is not going to jump a 24" fence to get to your garden. It will just mosey over to the unfenced bush and gnaw on that.