Building materials
There is a store about 35 miles from me called, Bargain World of Muscatine. (Iowa. Where I was born and raised) Anyway...I'm sure most, if not all, already know this, but they sell doors. Stacks, and stacks of doors. These doors are all new, but for some reason or other, didn't pass final inspection. You can buy these doors for $20 a piece. I have bought several. I just finished a stand for my bench top planer, using a door. The door is solid core, 1 3/4" thick Birch. The stand weighs a small ton, but you can't beat the price. Like I said, I'm sure most already know this, but thought I would share anyway.

Greg
Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut, and have the world think you a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Use solid core doors for tables on my 16" DeWalt ras's, flat & stable. They make a cheap, stable workbench too.

Ed
(04-30-2022, 05:40 AM)Gregor1 Wrote: There is a store about 35 miles from me called, Bargain World of Muscatine. (Iowa. Where I was born and raised) Anyway...I'm sure most, if not all, already know this, but they sell doors. Stacks, and stacks of doors. These doors are all new, but for some reason or other, didn't pass final inspection. You can buy these doors for $20 a piece. I have bought several. I just finished a stand for my bench top planer, using a door. The door is solid core, 1 3/4" thick Birch. The stand weighs a small ton, but you can't beat the price. Like I said, I'm sure most already know this, but thought I would share anyway.

Greg

So ... are all of the doors flat or do they have panel doors also ... ?

Thier website hasn't been updated since they opened ... not much info out there ...
Life is what happens when you're not paying attention.