problem with contractors
Now's the time to send an E-mail thanking him for being sincere and professional... pleased with the outcome...by agreeing the damage would cover the cost of the change order.

Print and save all E-mail correspondence with your contract(s) ect.. Just in case.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(05-24-2022, 10:13 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Now's the time to send an E-mail thanking him for being sincere and professional... pleased with the outcome...by agreeing the damage would cover the cost of the change order.

Print and save all E-mail correspondence with your contract(s) ect.. Just in case.

oh good call!
(05-21-2022, 10:41 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Have been using a General contractor now for the past 3 years working on my house and loved the work they did and the quality of craftsmanship. Everything is warrantied. I am in NJ and the company name is Bellari Design (Use to be Somerville Aluminum). First year I had them install all new windows, patio door and front bow window. That was my test of the contractor. They did such a great job that next year I had them do a new roof, siding, stone front and front porch. Again timely manner and all great subs. So this year they did a new kitchen and bath. The problem this year was supply chain stuff so it took longer to get but when they started they were done in 6 weeks. They do not start until they have all material. The forman sets up a calander with dates of all contractors and when and what they will be doing. They were on time with each and every one. These people use trusted contractors and they work with them for years. The contractors know they must work according to schedule and they did. I highly reccommend them to anyone in NJ looking for a great contractor. Yes they are a higher $$ firm but use top quality materials. They will design the job and use cad drawing too. I found that to be great addition when doing Kit and bath,. A++++ for this outfit. Glad I went with them. Trying to be your own general contractor and chasing subs around makes the job stressfull and in the long run not worth the $$$ savings.

+1  I've used them for a number of things over the past 10 years, and they do what they say they will do, on time, and done right.  I agree they are more expensive, likely 15% +/-, but to me, for the things I'm not comfortable doing myself, I've had nothing bad at all to say about them.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis